Toronto L-Tower | 204.82m | 58s | Cityzen | Daniel Libeskind

Libeskind and Gehry are way overrated anyway. That's just my opinion. Surprisingly I like this tower and the new base. I liked the old base better, but they're both nice.

Is anyone else already tired of the "Deconstructed Box" all-broken-angles-style of architecture already? Such as is being used at the podium base here on L. It's a style that got old fast, in my books.

Honestly, any non-box is welcome at this point in this city of green and beige boxes. We've suffered through 30 years of (mostly continuing) rectangle-based condo design; a bit of change is nice, even if repetitive and contrived to some extent. I don't think Libeskind has enough projects in the city for us to go "not this shit again" over his design cues just yet.

I was actually not talking about the tower portion... (Libeskind actually found his French Curves when designing this one)....

800px-Curve_stencils.jpg

(Image courtesy Wikipedia article found here: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/French_curve )

(I have sent him a set every year for Hanukkah and yet he never seems to use them...LOL)

I was specifically talking about the falling-down podium roof design. We've seen this done all over the world and I hate Toronto trying to be a Me-Too city. It's so little brother trying to gain approval of his older, more popular bother.

Last edited:
Why do you people have to correct gramer and spelling.
...if you get their poynt move on! tank u :) nicer to say nothing then be negative all the time! good comments in this forum please.. the pluses not the negatives.. (and yes im aware i made spelling errors! but it really dosent matter!)

Why do you people have to correct gramer and spelling.
...if you get their poynt move on! tank u :) nicer to say nothing then be negative all the time! good comments in this forum please.. the pluses not the negatives.. (and yes im aware i made spelling errors! but it really dosent matter!)

There are people who feel that if you can't express yourself properly, using the written word, then your ideas are less valid. Which is unfortunate, because some of the most brilliant people I know are self confessed dyslexics, that can't spell or write a sentence, worth a sh*t.

Good grammar is like good manners. You miss it when it's absent . We need and should hold people to a higher standard than the continuing decline of basic skills such as spelling.

I am sorry if I hit a nerve everyone. It just seems to me like it is a more important topic then the actual discussioins on here. Wich I was under the impression, were supose to be regarding the buildings. It was just an observation. One that I have noticed through out all the forums. I will no longer add MY oppinions to forums and simply stick to observing. (Yes I have read the rules of Urban Toronto. That is why I mentioned it in the first place) Thanks for the responses.

I am sorry if I hit a nerve everyone. It just seems to me like it is a more important topic then the actual discussioins on here. Wich I was under the impression, were supose to be regarding the buildings. It was just an observation. One that I have noticed through out all the forums. I will no longer add MY oppinions to forums and simply stick to observing. (Yes I have read the rules of Urban Toronto. That is why I mentioned it in the first place) Thanks for the responses.

Uhh, your opinions are welcome here as much as anyones. As long as the writing is legible, and it is, I see no problem with it. Just ignore those that don't like it, its really the first rule of urban toronto imo.

Some posters are clearly dyslexic and I excuse them totally and personally I do not really mind if someone uses bad grammer or mis-spells things but I do wonder whether their opinions are as poorly thought out as their postings. It may be rather shallow, but presentation is important and like the saying goes "clothes maketh the man".

Like you I have little patience for those who post their complaints about the presentations of others. As mcarisma says "Just ignore those that don't like it, it's really the first rule of urban toronto." There are some very interesting, connected and insightful posters on UT - most also know how to write!

Holy cow! i wasn't expecting that last pic ^^^... what an amazing view of Yonge which will only get more awesome with L, Aura, and One Bloor. :D

1 King is a jewel btw (from the north/south)

With a potential 60 floor condo at 205 Yonge and twin ~200 meter Condos at 501 Yonge, there will be a day when even One Bloor will not be seen in a photo from that vantage point above.

Cruzn4u.....that last pic looking up Yonge is absolutely breathtaking....thank you for taking it and posting it on here!

Back