Toronto L-Tower | 204.82m | 58s | Cityzen | Daniel Libeskind

You know even Springfield got a "Gehry" building. Even he ain't specialz no more!

:p LOL

simp8.jpg

(Screen capture courtesy "Frank Gehry in the Simpsons" found here: http://da-beer.blogspot.com/2008/02/frank-gehry-in-simpsons.html )

Even Hamilton (the now-defunct West Harbour) was suggested as a Gehry Bldg location.. "Even he ain't specialz no more!" LOL

We also have a planned LRT route..

250px-Springfield_Monorail_2.PNG

source: http://simpsons.wikia.com/wiki/Springfield_Monorail

Hamilton is Springfield!! And Dalton McGuinty is Lyle Lanley!

Why do you people have to correct gramer and spelling.
...if you get their poynt move on! tank u :) nicer to say nothing then be negative all the time! good comments in this forum please.. the pluses not the negatives.. (and yes im aware i made spelling errors! but it really dosent matter!)

You would actually rather be incorrect all of the time instead of somebody helping you to improve in life??

I mentioned that a few pages back. I guess it will either be moved, or it won't be tied to the building at all like they said.

I'd like to know how this crane is going to be tied to structure seeing as it's about 20' away from the building...

I believe we were told it will be an external crane just like Eighth Avenue Place in Calgary used (I can`t find a pic right now) as well as several other recent projects... An extreme example of this is the Shard in London. Because of its taper, the cranes were very far away from the facade by the time they got near the top.

Here is a older picture of the Shard while the cranes were still up. (They have all been dismantled and now there is only one near the very top affixed to a high floor only)

(Image courtesy chest at SSP on the Shard thread found here:
http://forum.skyscraperpage.com/showpost.php?p=5247732&postcount=626 )

Here is a older picture of the Shard while the cranes were still up. (They have all been dismantled and now there is only one near the very top affixed to a high floor only)

(Image courtesy chest at SSP on the Shard thread found here:
http://forum.skyscraperpage.com/showpost.php?p=5247732&postcount=626 )

New York/The US has 1 World Trade Centre as London/The UK has the Shard... Both super-tall, under construction skyscrapers with crazy good cladding (they both look similar in cladding too!)... when is Canada gonna get one :( (by no means a comparison to L tower, cause, there is none!)...

On another note,
This has me worried as to what kind of glass will be used here to cover up all that concrete... will it be spandrel on the areas with concrete walls? (like on the north-west corners)

New York/The US has 1 World Trade Centre as London/The UK has the Shard... Both super-tall, under construction skyscrapers with crazy good cladding (they both look similar in cladding too!)... when is Canada gonna get one :( (by no means a comparison to L tower, cause, there is none!)...

On another note,
This has me worried as to what kind of glass will be used here to cover up all that concrete... will it be spandrel on the areas with concrete walls? (like on the north-west corners)

No, slim chance we will ever get a supertall, unless the population increases significantly.
In Toronto its all about keeping costs reasonably low.

No, slim chance we will ever get a supertall, unless the population increases significantly.
In Toronto its all about keeping costs reasonably low.

Don't be so obsessed with height stats- they can be very misleading. The Shard London isn't actually all that big- it's full height (with antenna) is only 1117 feet, which is about to the roof of the 'Library' tower in downtown L.A.

And just to compare with T.O.'s tallest office building:

First Canadian Place- 72 floors
Height
Antenna spire- 1,165 ft
Roof- 978 ft

London Shard - 72 floors
Height
Antenna- 1,017 ft
Roof- 1,003 ft

But the big difference is in floor space:

First Can= 2,700,120 sq ft (250,849 m2)

Shard London= 1,200,000 sq ft (111,000 m2)

First Can is a much bigger building, more than double the size of the Shard.

However the Shard is better looking!

Don't be so obsessed with height stats- they can be very misleading. The Shard London isn't actually all that big- it's full height (with antenna) is only 1117 feet, which is about to the roof of the 'Library' tower in downtown L.A.

And just to compare with T.O.'s tallest office building:

First Canadian Place- 72 floors
Height
Antenna spire- 1,165 ft
Roof- 978 ft

London Shard - 72 floors
Height
Antenna- 1,017 ft
Roof- 1,003 ft

But the big difference is in floor space:

First Can= 2,700,120 sq ft (250,849 m2)

Shard London= 1,200,000 sq ft (111,000 m2)

First Can is a much bigger building, more than double the size of the Shard.

However the Shard is better looking!

Please excuse me for interrupting you but could you please write those numbers in metres as well ? I don't understand how high it is that you're talking about.
This is a metric country I thought? or is it Canada rather wants to stay as a economic and cultural colony of the US instead of becoming a proud member state of the World?
Anyway, please try to use the NATIONAL and INTERNATIONAL unit instead of the non-national and only-us-using unit.
Thanks

Please excuse me for interrupting you but could you please write those numbers in metres as well ? I don't understand how high it is that you're talking about.
This is a metric country I thought? or is it Canada rather wants to stay as a economic and cultural colony of the US instead of becoming a proud member state of the World?
Anyway, please try to use the NATIONAL and INTERNATIONAL unit instead of the non-national and only-us-using unit.
Thanks

While we're nitpicking, how about you use correct punctuation, capitalization, and grammar in your posts? Don't you wish to become a proud member of the literate world?

Bogtrotter: Thanks for putting some time and effort into your post and providing us with some good comparative information (regardless of units of measurement).

Back