Toronto L-Tower | 204.82m | 58s | Cityzen | Daniel Libeskind

ln23.jpg

It's hard to tell... looking at caltrane's shot, a portion of the site is at ground level??? i'm cofused here. this is a mysterious project....

Yep, the north end appears to be above ground. I'm very curious to see the dual crane action as they build this curved tower.

Yep, the north end appears to be above ground. I'm very curious to see the dual crane action as they build this curved tower.

I believe what you are seeing with the two cranes on the go are two projects happening at the same time. To the north, the Sony Centre crane is working on completing the underground dressing room addition to their building. The cement pouring will stop when it hits ground level. Expect this to be capped off and prepared for the future plaza/court area.
The south LTower crane is doing its thing and the cement is going in there at a brisk pace. Two or three floors to go before it hits ground level. I'm guessing by New Year.

Taken this morning. It's kind of hard to tell with the angle and flat light in the photo but they are at one level below grade at the near side by the base of the crane. The concrete stairs that can be seen behind the porta-potties go down to the second level below.

img4799i.jpg

It would be so cool if the backside of The O'Keefe Centre and 1 Esplanade were both lined with stores, restaurants and cafes/bars. Will this have any retail spots?

O'Keefe lite

Karen von Hahn actually makes a good Hume/Rochon substitute--love that final bit of how the old pictures-of-the-stars have been replaced w/digital video copies thereof...

It would be so cool if the backside of The O'Keefe Centre and 1 Esplanade were both lined with stores, restaurants and cafes/bars. Will this have any retail spots?

There's no indication of that. I'd prefer it to the green wall along Yonge for sure. On the Esplanade, there is no room for retail. Back of house operations are staying where they currently are, on the Esplanade side. The L Tower entrance however, has an attractive entrance on the corner of Yonge & Esplanade.

O'Keefe lite

Karen von Hahn actually makes a good Hume/Rochon substitute--love that final bit of how the old pictures-of-the-stars have been replaced w/digital video copies thereof...

Interesting take. I had no idea the benefactors were so conspicuous in their sponsorship. The new Sony Store/rebuilt coat check is particularly lame.

Back