Toronto L-Tower | 204.82m | 58s | Cityzen | Daniel Libeskind

More than two dozen guys out today, most in the hole with a few across the street building the forms. Probably more than that on site but I can't see the whole job site.

20101109080243644.jpg

Last edited:
From the Daily Commercial News:

CONDO APT BUILDING Proj: 1239602-32
Toronto, Metro Toronto Reg ON SUB AWARDS
L Tower, 1 Front St E, M5E 1B2
$150,000,000 est
Start: April, 2010 Complete: December, 2012
Project: concrete foundation, structural steel frame, curtainwall exterior, fuel fired heating system, proposed construction of a 59-storey condominium apartment building. The L Tower will feature 570 suites and panoramic views of downtown Toronto and Lake Ontario. The project will be built adjacent to the Sony Centre and will be linked at grade by a public plaza, and green wall along Yonge Street. Redevelopment of the Mainstage at the Sony Centre, including interior renovations and the addition of two storeys for mechanical and electrical space will be followed under report number 9076136.
Scope: 850,000 square feet; 57 storeys; 2 storeys below grade; 570 units; parking for 600 cars
Development: New
Category: Apartment bldgs

Please. Look just below it and it says 57 storeys. Daily Commercial News is like The National Enquirer of architecture. Ignore them.

At the bottom of the release it says... 2 floors are underground.

Scope: 850,000 square feet; 57 storeys; 2 storeys below grade; 570 units; parking for 600 cars
Development: New
Category: Apartment bldgs

That looks deeper than 2 floors, at least 3 I'd imagine. Who's right, me or the article?

I think about the only thing accurate in that article was the spelling of the Condo being built.

I think about the only thing accurate in that article was the spelling of the Condo being built.

Yah that looks like 4 floors below grade...

Also 150 MILL???

And the whole building is going to be structural steel???

All very questionable...

Yeah, Daily Commercial News is spotty at best, but it would be awesome to see this thing rise in steel. The only significant steel building I've witnessed being built is Bay Adelaide, the L Tower has a much more exciting form.

I believe that came up a long time ago when they said it was going to be steel, and someone from Cityzen stepped in and said it would be concrete.

I think the bottom part might have some steel in it though.

Oct 1 2010 update

photos that I never got around to posting previously ~

IMG_5064.jpg

Back