Toronto L-Tower | 204.82m | 58s | Cityzen | Daniel Libeskind

I don't know if you're kidding, or just ignorant. How about you walk by the site instead of looking at pictures taken through chain-link fence. And really, how many guys do you expect to have on site during excavation? Couple of supers, couple of operators, couple of labourers, that's about it. Watch when they get the forming guys in there, it will be an army.

I don't know if you're kidding, or just ignorant. How about you walk by the site instead of looking at pictures taken through chain-link fence. And really, how many guys do you expect to have on site during excavation? Couple of supers, couple of operators, couple of labourers, that's about it. Watch when they get the forming guys in there, it will be an army.

Look at the excavation of Aura.. it was crawling with workers..

Look at the excavation of Aura.. it was crawling with workers..

That's not excavation, they started forming already, they have footings complete, and working on columns and walls. They were getting ready for slab-on-grade as well which requires a different trade than the concrete forming guys. They're already moving up at Aura, they're at different stages of construction, can't compare.

That's not excavation, they started forming already, they have footings complete, and working on columns and walls. They were getting ready for slab-on-grade as well which requires a different trade than the concrete forming guys. They're already moving up at Aura, they're at different stages of construction, can't compare.

He meant a few months ago when Aura was at this same stage. It was crawling with workers THEN! Even I understood that and I take everything literally.

Look back at the excavation stage of Aura and you will see lots of guys on site, but there are rarely many visible at L-Tower. Everyone else in this thread can see that.

Beside that... L-Tower IS forming. There are two cranes on site now and the Sony Centre ancillary rooms are being constructed and there seems to still be hardly any workers there. That's all these people are commenting about.

Last edited:
About 12 workers on site today, They are also using the Backstage site to construct forms

lo23.jpg

Well, you were so adamant that they were only excavating and that was the basis for your argument and now you concede that they are building. Hmmm...

The REAL reason for your ire is now perfectly clear... Your ego was bruised by all the talk of shiftless workers because you are ONE OF THEM.

We were all making casual observations and you took it personally. Public forums are not the place for those with thin skins. There are too many boobs with opinions, such as myself, to be sensetive.

Buddy are you serious with this post???

Did you not read that it was Saturday when he was referring to that picture explaining the lack of workers???

And how many guys do you expect on such a tiny site? It certainly won't be an army on this building...

My job site is huge and we're at about the same stage. We only have about 30 guys there total...

That includes forming, excavation, builders guys, plumbers and electricians...

Try not to be so rude for a post that didn't deserve it...

Great photos Mo-Tage. Do you think you'd be able to take a picture of the Ritz again from you're viewpoint now that it's externally complete?

quick question: does work stop on the weekends/sundays?. i'm confused (correct me if i am wrong... i haven't visited the site in a while):confused:

Back