Toronto L-Tower | 204.82m | 58s | Cityzen | Daniel Libeskind

from today
20101211167.jpg

20101211168.jpg

20101211171.jpg

love that first shot. feels like your hanging in mid air right over the railway tracks!
This project seems to be really quiet right now. even i'll admit that i forget about this project sometimes. but considering it being about 200m, the minute we see this thing above ground it'll start getting attention.

Not only is it above ground it is substainlly above ground. The elevator core/shaft and the columns are all at the very least 3 to 4 meters above ground.

Looking at that last pic by Jasonzed, it's hard to imagine a whole condo building (Backstage) is going on the south side of the Esplanade (I realize they are also removing some railway tracks to fit it in.) Are there really no empty lots within a mile radius that could use a condo on it? Do we really need to squeeze one in there?

Then again... Location, location, location. I suppose some people would find it convenient to be so close to such a transportation hub as Union Station.

Last edited:
None of the remaining tracks in the picture above are going to be moved. Those 'ladders' - what they call those stretch's of track with all the switches on it, is required to access platforms 3 and 4 at Union station. It cannot be moved further south due to a lack of space to accommodate the switches to access the 1st couple of tracks in union station. Two tracks are required in that location just to maintain current capacity, never mine the massive plan future increases to service. Go transit, which ownsall the tracks around Union, most certainly wouldn't remove either track/ladder just to accommodate a condo.

from today

2011016033.jpg

Backstage is going up in the space between the street and the white wall facing the north most track.

Last edited:

Back