Toronto GO Transit: Davenport Diamond Grade Separation | ?m | ?s | Metrolinx

I believe that was one of the concessions they requested but analysis of the station showed it was an excessively poor idea in many ways, even worse than Kirby for instance from what I recall; namely the costs and negative impacts on ridership from upstream passengers exceeded the benefits of the miniscule projected ridership. I think it was also a little too close to the overpass which complicated matters substantially.

Even the other requested station at Bloor-Lansdowne has been found wanting for ridership, although it was approved in the end. IMO that one is necessary, a connection to Line 2 would be huge and open up GO for a lot of people who work on Bloor West and make it more enticing even for those heading to U of T or Bloor-Yonge. I think that is an example of where the reality is likely to exceed estimates and models. The 512 is not nearly such a major transit line, there aren't really any colossal major employment sites along St Clair, and Downsview Park/Caledonia+Line 5/Lansdowne will provide good access between the GO line and that neighbourhood.

Any idea why they are building the Lansdowne station south of Bloor instead of North? It looks like there is room for a station, maybe if they expropriate a dilapidated lumber yard, and there would be a direct connection to Lansdown subway station at Wade (no street crossings needed)

upload_2018-3-2_13-19-10.png

Unless this is an old image and that big sand lot is now a bunch of condos.

Attachments

• upload_2018-3-2_13-18-1.png
    upload_2018-3-2_13-18-1.png
    1 MB · Views: 339
  • upload_2018-3-2_13-19-10.png
    upload_2018-3-2_13-19-10.png
    1 MB · Views: 677
Any idea why they are building the Lansdowne station south of Bloor instead of North? It looks like there is room for a station, maybe if they expropriate a dilapidated lumber yard, and there would be a direct connection to Lansdown subway station at Wade (no street crossings needed)

View attachment 136059

Unless this is an old image and that big sand lot is now a bunch of condos.
It's because of the slope/grade needed for the grade separation. If the station was to go north of Bloor, then it would either have to be an sunken/elevated station with the grade changing even sooner. I don't think stations are allowed to be on an incline.

Davenport Diamond: Guideway & Greenway
Public Open House
Tuesday, March 27, 2018
6:30 p.m. - 8:30 p.m.
Casa Da Madeira
1621 Dupont Street

Of course.....
Every single concerned individual/group must be satisfied at the expense of the rest of the region's accessibility

That hasn't been the experience so far. Metrolinx has been addressing the concerns of everyone affected by the project without compromising the goal of improving service across the region.

There was an all-candidates debate in Davenport last night where the bridge issue came up. Full video here:

^ Haven't had a chance to watch it myself. I would assume you could scroll ahead to the questions from the audience. Apparently the PC candidate was supportive of building a tunnel instead of a bridge.

^ Haven't had a chance to watch it myself. I would assume you could scroll ahead to the questions from the audience. Apparently the PC candidate was supportive of building a tunnel instead of a bridge.

...of course they were. :rolleyes:

Back