Toronto Glasshouse Lofts | ?m | 12s | Glass House Development | Karl Fischer

• Thread starter TheAlmightyFuzzy
  • Start date
What offends me about Rami and his crew is that whenever I visit his website, posts abound concerning how he's taken out the latest 3D billboard (which are often the most creative and interesting ads in the city) while I have yet to see a post about taking signs of heritage structures...

You have clearly not been reading Rami's blog carefully, he has often (and sometime successfully) complained about ads on heritage buildings and I think you are being unfair in saying he opposes all billboards. Like many people he wants a new by-law which is clear and easy to enforce.

Today I walked past this building and it looks like they are putting metal strapping on the east-facing wall. I suspect it is to support cladding. We shall see, soon.

Today I walked past this building and it looks like they are putting metal strapping on the east-facing wall. I suspect it is to support cladding. We shall see, soon.

It is for metal cladding and more was being installed today. Better than a concrete block wall, but not great.

I thought the 'concrete block' was the cladding...you can see where it's falling off in some places.

It was insulation I think. I can't see them trying to create the appearance of concrete block instead of using the real thing. And then changing their mind to cover it. But maybe to-be tenants complained.

But yeah, a part of me wonders if those shingles/tiles were insulation to go under the metal cladding.

That's nice. It's being covered up now, went down and saw it. It's being clad in coloured glass/panels. Now it will really have the "Glasshouse" look.

Looks like they ran out of cladding.

I have an awful fear that what we see there now is 'it'. There are three vertical 'bands' of brownish metal cladding which all stop at the same level. They appeared a couple of weeks ago and subsequently nothing. It really looks VERY tacky so one hopes...

It does look weird. And due to the fact they put one row of cladding on the north side, one on the south and one in the middle it does seem like its done. If they were doing the whole wall wouldn't they start at one end and move to the other end to ensure a proper fit?

It looks like they're trying to create the illusion that there's a central windowed stairwell at each end of the building. It doesn't look very good.

Back