Toronto Gläs Condos | ?m | 16s | Lamb Dev Corp | a—A

I was just checking out their website and noticed that it's only 70% sold.

The lofthouses are gone and they all have a direct access garage at the back.

I was just checking out their website and noticed that it's only 70% sold.

The lofthouses are gone and they all have a direct access garage at the back.

It might not have been updated.

I was there back in May 08 looking for a condo, and they only had maybe 8-10 units that were still available. Unless they expanded this project since then, the 70% might be outdated.

No garage doors here Sonny. The only thing that opens in that picture will be the black doors with the inset windows.

This side, I mean (south, not pictured on the previous page):

glasio9.jpg

I think this is a pretty good looking building, particularly the dark grey brick/pressed concrete. It could have addressed the sidewalk in a much better fashion though. Why not enhance the streetscape on all three sides? I do, however, kinda feel bad for the people who bought facing south as their views will disappear if/when Charlie is built. Nothing like sitting on your balcony and looking across the vast distance of a back alley and into someone else's living room. (Actually, I guess that's kind of the fun of living in a big city!)

well for someone living in suites in the southeast portion of Glas, they would be looking directly into the tower portion of Charlie .....

but for the suites in the southwest section of Glas at least they will overlook Charlie's rooftop garden on the 2nd floor

2789042314_dfd4bc8c48.jpg

I think this is a pretty good looking building, particularly the dark grey brick/pressed concrete. It could have addressed the sidewalk in a much better fashion though. Why not enhance the streetscape on all three sides? I do, however, kinda feel bad for the people who bought facing south as their views will disappear if/when Charlie is built. Nothing like sitting on your balcony and looking across the vast distance of a back alley and into someone else's living room. (Actually, I guess that's kind of the fun of living in a big city!)

It has to do with property lines - on the north side of the building, the elevation abuts the property line. On the south, the by-laws require a minimum width for the private lane, so the building again sits against the build-to line. The landscaping on the east wouldn't have happened if the city didn't make it part of the permit approval (the last thing developers ever want to do is put money into something they don't own... can't blame them for that).

Basically, it's the city's responsibility to enhance the streetscape, because they own it ;) But in this specific case, the developer is just maximizing an already-tight urban site.

It's a good idea, I think, for the first floor fronting an alley. It just magnifies the urban chaos of the setting for me: nothing is destroyed in my eyes.

Back