Toronto Gläs Condos | ?m | 16s | Lamb Dev Corp | a—A

Well, with technology improving the efficiency of appliances, not to mention many appliances being made smaller for smaller sized condos, I can see why they are upset, fewer of them are required. These guys are not from the Maytag Repairman generation who will just sit back and act bored with no work to do.

^You'd be surprised. I know people that are part of the appliance installation team in developments; it's a good gig, but the realities of construction and shipping/handling are that stuff does get damaged. But, thanks to union bs, installers are only allowed to install stuff, not clean up their mess.

From their website:
"Both outside and in, Charlie sets the stage for fashionable city living in a vibrant and eclectic neighbourhood. Studios, one-bedroom, one-bedroom-plus-den, two-bedroom, two-bedroom-plus-den suites range in size from 413 to 1,775 sq. ft. and are priced from $248,990 to $1,053,990. Occupancy is slated for Fall 2011."

Charlie won't be built. Won't meet minimum sales in my opinion.

Is your opinion based on anything in the realm of reality?

The only thing I know about Charlie is that over two months ago I was told by its sales people that it was 70% sold at that point.

Speaking of next door, here is a pic of the almost-complete top half of Glas from across the street:

glas.jpg

Real cool image Bob, thanks.

I hope these labour disputes don't mean another delay because I will lose my mind. I'm supposed to move in a month yesterday.

I also have a sense that they're past the date where they can delay the move-in date because not only is it less than 30 days now, they said in the last memo were final move-in dates.

I wanna see the townhouses at the base when they're completed. The rendering showed them to look pretty sleek, and each with a wooden door it looked like.

I wanna see the townhouses at the base when they're completed. The rendering showed them to look pretty sleek, and each with a wooden door it looked like.

yeah, that's what was originally specified... but if I recall correctly there was some concern about the potential for damage to the wooden doors. The cor-ten steel from the renderings was also changed... initially there was a gravel-filled channel along the base of the building (to mitigate the rust-water that would come off the cor-ten), but as corners needed to get cut I think that was eliminated and the cor-ten was changed :(

Back