Toronto First Canadian Place Rejuvenation | 298.08m | 72s | Brookfield | MdeAS Architects

Probably because they intend that every two weeks, the stage drops two floors, revealing two floors of replaced cladding.

From a far...
20100725A029.jpg

Beautiful shot! I love how the highway curves to reveal the metropolis that is downtown toronto:D
* and for a second there i thought there were 2 ritz slants!

I figure they are probably working out the kinks and getting the teams up to speed with removal and replacement. They also have a roof-line to work around plus the four BMO signs which probably account for the project starting off a little slow. I'm sure we'll see some movement in the next week or so.

^ Plus the total time for a given tile to be removed and replaced would be 4 weeks (2 weeks for removal and 2 more weeks for replacement), once the system is running and all kinks have been worked out. Add in the start-up issues and I am not surprised that the stages have not yet moved. They should start to move in the next week or two, though.

It was twilight from about Gerrard + Parliment, but it looks to me like the south east corner is being moved down..

Forms

Forms on the southwest corner are finally lowered. Sorry, no pics, but you can't really see the newly installed cladding as the forms still obstruct the view.

Does anyone recall when some of the marble cladding will be made available to the public? I recall there had been some interest expressed and Brookfield said that they would be making it available I just don't recall when.

From Queen & Euclid today, nothing revealed yet :(

Click on the thumbnail to enlarge, then click again on the image for full size.

Under extreme magnification, I can see the faint edge of a distinctly bright, greenish-white cladding on the topmost Southwest corner.

YAY!

;)

Actually, I am most looking forward to the bronze glass of the corners. I think this simple effect will help to update the look of the tower more than anything else.

Here's a quick comparison of the top few feet of cladding

Now (updated Friday, Aug 6):

4867546854_7486c6f964_o.jpg

Before:

4650827957_f5f2be5368_b.jpg

Last edited:

Back