Toronto First Canadian Place Rejuvenation | 298.08m | 72s | Brookfield | MdeAS Architects

The white on fcp makes it stand out from the rest (other than the fact that it is the tallest). It makes it unique, it would be less noticed on a smaller building. 72 floors of glass would make it look more plain than if it had white marble cladding.

I just noticed that the scaffolding on the east side of the building have been moved down slightly. Not enough to reveal cladding but a sign of progress.

Same as the eastern portion on the north side, I was hoping for more movement to reveal a little something but that seems to be it.

Click on the thumbnail to enlarge, then click again on the image for full size.

Last edited:
That's a good analogy Traynor lol

The reason why it's moving down slower than you'd expect is because the system where the top level installs panels while the bottom removes them isn't yet in place since they're just starting. Right now, the top level is both removing panels and installing them. Once it moves down the first time, things will pick up.

If FCP was re-clad in Bay-Adelaide-Center -like cladding, THAT would be sweet!!!.. 72 floors of BA Cladding :D :D :D!

How about 72 floors of Socony-Mobil cladding?
3018301593_09628341b1.jpg

Who needs the Vaseline Tower; NYC has the Clearasil Tower...

Looks like the scaffolding is being raised up. If I were to guess, I'd say they haven't done any replacing of the tiles yet. I did notice last week that they covered up the BMO signage with protective material. A few days ago the lights were activated all around the scaffolding - tonight the newly raised section is lit up, the remaining sections are dark.

4734237567_6f6fd136e5_b.jpg

Not sure if this has been posted but here's an official video from ellisdon showing the views from the re-clad process:

Its an older video from january

[video=youtube;7Ee9BCKzRYI]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7Ee9BCKzRYI[/video]

Nice vantage point... what's the OMERS reception?

The toronto dominion centre has been very well maintained considering how old it is... though i'm not a huge fan, these towers look good. (though they're way too many of them if you ask me... too dominant in the cbd)

I plan to get up on the 68th floor of fcp late next week for some sorta meeting (that i'm not involved in... i just know someone who is so i asked if i could snap some photos). Anyone know if the scaffolding/construction will wipe out the view on that level?. I sure hope not, because its not worth going up to FCP without the views. It would help if someone told me if they plan on lowering the hoarding (thats at the top now) anytime soon. :D

Nice vantage point... what's the OMERS reception?

The toronto dominion centre has been very well maintained considering how old it is... though i'm not a huge fan, these towers look good. (though they're way too many of them if you ask me... too dominant in the cbd)

I plan to get up on the 68th floor of fcp late next week for some sorta meeting (that i'm not involved in... i just know someone who is so i asked if i could snap some photos). Anyone know if the scaffolding/construction will wipe out the view on that level?. I sure hope not, because its not worth going up to FCP without the views. It would help if someone told me if they plan on lowering the hoarding (thats at the top now) anytime soon. :D

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/OMERS
Ontario Municipal Employees Retirement System

They own half the planet...

Back