Toronto First Canadian Place Rejuvenation | 298.08m | 72s | Brookfield | MdeAS Architects

The very top is looking pretty bright and shiny in yesterday's sunset compared to the rest.

4865977372_12717506e4_b.jpg

Update: My mistake! Saw the one side looks like the glass panels :)

Looks like the top layer is still the old marble tiles though? Maybe I am mistaken.

You guys are crazy ... you can barely make out anything in either of the two pictures above.
:)

Keep on posting though!

This project is moving like gangbusters.

They need to take it easy, Rome wasn't built in a day and they do have until mid-century to complete the exterior.

Nothing too much revealed, the west half on the north side has moved down a level today, but it is progress!

Click on the thumbnail to enlarge, then click again on the image for full size.

This is the west side. From what I see, it looks like they've done 1 or 2 rows at the top. I don't see the BMO logo.It also looks like they've removed all of the old panels except at the very bottom. Big scroll sideways.

fcptop.jpg

Last edited:
Glad to finally see some very welcomed signs of progress... anyone know how long the "block" that we see slowly moving downwards stays at each level?. this top portion took forever (maybe its just because it was the top of the building).... Because i plan on going back up to FCP and i'm worried that the views will be gone (68th level). how long does each floor take? (thanks, i doubt someone has never asked this before)

Project Display

Hard to believe I had to go to page 3 to find this thread! Impressive indeed. :)

Walking into work this morning I caught a glimpse of a new display setup in the FCP Lobby's NE section with a scale model and video screens about FCP's Revitalization. Unfortunately I was rushing to a meeting and couldn't grab a pic... will try a little later.

Hard to believe I had to go to page 3 to find this thread! Impressive indeed. :)

Walking into work this morning I caught a glimpse of a new display setup in the FCP Lobby's NE section with a scale model and video screens about FCP's Revitalization. Unfortunately I was rushing to a meeting and couldn't grab a pic... will try a little later.

Images

FCPdisplay1 by Kazim R Alikhan, on Flickr

Not sure why Flickr keeps rotating this image...

FCPdisplay2 by Kazim R Alikhan, on Flickr

Interesting to note that the antennae are solid white poles. That would help clean up the roof of the building.
There's a status screen that states which floor is being worked on currently.

Last edited:

Back