Toronto First Canadian Place Rejuvenation | 298.08m | 72s | Brookfield | MdeAS Architects

Hate to burst anyone's bubble here, but its quite likely that the primary modeling material is while, especially if you look near the base of the model. The fact that the antennae are white could be simply for saving time or for abstraction, to keep the focus on the windows and the facade especially. I wouldn't necessarily read white antennae on a while model being an indication that the antennae are going to be replaced with a white mast. Especially considering that it was not announced, and it would not be a small job.

^ Yes. Also note that the rendering near the model still shows the antennae as they are now, without changes.

Hopefully somebody on the FCP project will see the reasoning that they might as well tidy up the roof if they're going to be spending so much money to beautify the building. Leaving the antennae as they are will detract from the modern, shiny façade that they're putting so much effort into.

If the model builder had gone to the trouble of crafting the antannae out of paperclips,we wouldn't be having this discussion.

I'm a bit disappointed that all of the marble is being given to artists to make sculptures with. I would have liked just a chunk for myself.

I recall reading somewhere -- press release or Toronto Star article -- that they would be making some of the marble available to the public with the rest of it being crushed, recycled and re-purposed.

by me

sany2491.jpg

Fab shot Caltrane!

That cheeseburger looks more appealing than the current cladding :D! ^^^

Whats going on with the re-clad!????? last time i checked it was moving downwards. it seems to have moved up again!?

Yeah, Im out on King West right now.. And im looking east, and it does appear, that the scaffolding rig has decended enough to reveal the updated cladding...

Back