Toronto First Canadian Place Rejuvenation | 298.08m | 72s | Brookfield | MdeAS Architects

Something about the east side of any city.. that i really can not explain, is never like the west side..:confused:

I think the east/west differences used to be wind-direction related.... no one wanted to be downwind from the dump/plants/ etc. So towns and cities developed with the non-smelly stuff on the west side, and the polluting industries on the east. Land was thus more expensive on the west side, and attracted wealthier individuals, while east sides became populated with folks looking for value.

I think the east/west differences used to be wind-direction related.... no one wanted to be downwind from the dump/plants/ etc. So towns and cities developed with the non-smelly stuff on the west side, and the polluting industries on the east. Land was thus more expensive on the west side, and attracted wealthier individuals, while east sides became populated with folks looking for value.

Very true. One of the most obvious cities for this is Montreal. The west side is quite English (at least by Quebec standards), but the east side is nearly entirely French. The west side is also generally in a higher income bracket than the east side. Ottawa is the same thing (to a lesser extent though). Vanier and Orleans in the east (both very French), and Nepean and Kanata in the west (very English).

From Queen's Quay.. Starting to look sharp!

Attachments

• IMG00425-20101217-0954.jpg
    IMG00425-20101217-0954.jpg
    35.2 KB · Views: 212
nice ^^^
This view is gonna see a really nice change once the FCP re-clad is done, trump completed, and skyline tower. (not to mention shangri-la :) )

FCP still king though... not sure when anyone will dare to finally surpass it.

Nice view ^^^
looks like they're finishing the side fins on the west side of the Ritz.
I love the photoshopped effect the new first canadian place has! it's awesome. let's hope it lasts :)

Nice pics. I used to work in the college/bay area about 10 years ago and it looks almost unrecognizable now. The cladding on FCP looks really good, I think it will look more sleek and lofty with the makeover.

A shot from yesterday, from Bay and College.

Attachments

• First Canadian Place View from bay Dec 2010.jpg
    First Canadian Place View from bay Dec 2010.jpg
    92.4 KB · Views: 273
love the lighting effects ^^^ fcp is a really important part of the bay street canyon as it can be seen from almost anywhere along that street. the sick kids tower should extend this view onward.

Back