Toronto First Canadian Place Rejuvenation | 298.08m | 72s | Brookfield | MdeAS Architects

I gotta say--maybe others feel this way?--I'm bored by this project now! Wish they'd been controversial, and used all black or all green or some coloured cladding.

Not at all! I think they struck the perfect balance between keeping the original design, and giving it a fresh look.

this is such a peaceful thread... it seems like most people are all for this re-clad :D! no harm done recladding first canadian.

I'm quite enjoying the reclad.

I'm hoping it will continue right down to the sidewalk.

Yes, speaking of which does anyone know if the sidewalks will be done / the entire base for that matter ?

Without looking for references, I recall that they were going to keep the marble on the podium. It'll be easier to clean and maintain than the tower and FCP will still have that opulent look and feel.

Re: sidewalks -- I agree. If the Bloor BIA can afford to redo that entire stretch of Bloor with granite sidewalks, no doubt Bay street can afford to build a beautiful public realm.

+1

If BIAs like the Entertainment District and Yorkville can come together and create excellent plans, there's no reason why it can't happen in the Financial District. There's ample opportunities there for some excellent urban spaces.

Just took this:

2010.12.02%20-%20FCP%20(1).jpg

2010.12.02%20-%20FCP%20(2).jpg

Is it me... Or did they slow down again after they passed that magic floor where the big Nesbitt Burns BMO Christmas Party will be held?

Harleyjuice... Where are you? What's the latest news on the progress?

Christmas Parties are starting all over the city, lots of people are working a little slower lol. Good time to slow down and be grateful for all we have.

I thought Harleyjuice told us that they were changing the process a little, going from a corkscrew approach where the platforms moved in stages, to one where all the platforms move at the same time. I would guess that they had to wait a few days for the two platforms that were a little behind to catch up so they could all move at once.

I think if you look today all platforms have moved down one level, there are now 7 rows of windows exposed. This new approach will make it more difficult to judge progress as they move down the building, it will be an exercise in counting window rows I think.

Back