Toronto First Canadian Place Rejuvenation | 298.08m | 72s | Brookfield | MdeAS Architects

by me

sany0634.jpg

sany0599.jpg

yes it does seem as if they've been at that level a bit longer than previous... hopefully it is only because of the weather.

Progress in the past month, taken early this morning, Dec. 8 2010

Below, two more floors are finally completed when the eastern half of the scaffolding was lowered early this morning. I presume the seven weeks it took to complete two floors was due to holidays over Christmas and bad weather.

It was shut down for awhile because of problems with the hoist. Most of the men have been working on other sites the last couple weeks. Not sure if it's been fixed yet or not

It was shut down for awhile because of problems with the hoist. Most of the men have been working on other sites the last couple weeks. Not sure if it's been fixed yet or not

The western half was moved down about two or three weeks ago, the eastern half this morning. Hopefully they have those problems sorted now.

Last edited:
I smile every time I see this. I've always liked this straight up square tube skyscraper dominating our skyline but was somewhat embarrassed about the state of disrepair it was in. Now gleaming snow white, with a modern touch added in those corners, it's like we have a brand new skyscraper being built.

Hi guys
I'm not sure if this is a repost but please don't blame me if I don't want to read in excess of 100 pages of thread lol

Does anyone have a building section and a profile for the new cladding? I'd like to know if there is a thermal performance gain.
Correct me if I'm wrong but is it a fritted glass spandrel system?

Back