Toronto Festival Tower and tiff Bell Lightbox | 156.96m | 42s | Daniels | KPMB

Black glass? Where? Oh sorry there it is, that Aldo billboard distracted me.

I was told by a friend at TIFF that come hell or high water, they will be using Bell Lightbox for the film festival in September of 2010. Looking at the latest photos and given that there are 15 months between now and then, the condo tower should be topped off and possibly even enclosed. That also leaves a reasonable amount of time to complete the film centre so it seems very doable.

Does anyone know why the construction of this building is so slow. They are still only few floors up since they started building long time ago.

it's because the podium is so complicated. once they get to the tower, it'll rise much quicker.

Does anyone know why the construction of this building is so slow. They are still only few floors up since they started building long time ago.

Have you seen the size of the podium? It's practically a city block. Looks to me like there's about a floor's height left of the podium. The tower portion should rise much, much quicker.

Taken from the top of City Hall today:

img52041.jpg

The windows up there were so dirty :(

The spider webs and bird shit in corners were also unfortunate. It's too bad that the observation deck is no longer open regularly, because it provides a perspective unique from the distanced view atop the CN tower. Visitors would enjoy it and would also see the terrific interior of City Hall, which many never do.

Some of the grey glass cladding has gone up (south east corner along King).

I saw it in person yesterday-- didnt get any pics :(

It looks great (the glass starting to go up)... provides a wonderful contrast with the old buildings/bars across the street.

Suddenly this project has become an exciting one for me.

Back