Toronto Festival Tower and tiff Bell Lightbox | 156.96m | 42s | Daniels | KPMB

I nearly spilled my Second Cup on Friday as I turned the corner and saw just how large that podium was in relation to the street. It will have an incredible street presence, especially every September with all the Hollywood North glitz and glam.

The Lightbox podium, plus the new condo proposed at the Diesel Playhouse and the potential condos at King & Peter will really close-in the street. It should be a really great effect, as long as the John St condo doesn't cheapen out.

M5V and Charlie down the street will also have substantial podiums, so we're eventually getting a new canyon with an interesting mix of low/mid/highrise.

This part of town is really looking up! I love the presence created by the podium. :)
But is it me or does the sidewalk on the north side look narrow?
I thought there was going to be some type of colonnade...

June 14

IMG_june-14-09-0146.JPG

IMG_june-14-09-0147.JPG

IMG_june-14-09-0150.jpg

IMG_june-14-09-0151.JPG

IMG_june-14-09-0152.JPG

IMG_june-14-09-0153.JPG

IMG_june-14-09-0154.JPG

I don't see what everyone finds so great about "massive" podiums. I find this thing very intrusive. Then again it's mostly just a hulking mass of concrete at the moment... perhaps it will grow on me.

This part of town is really looking up! I love the presence created by the podium. :)
But is it me or does the sidewalk on the north side look narrow?
I thought there was going to be some type of colonnade...

That's for sure. Down there is going to be terrific in two to three years. I am hoping that Charlie gets the sales level required to proceed. M5V is off and running.

They added more fritted glass all the way around the corner and it has wrapped around the street corner.. very nice!!!

Also..

The tower is now clearly 2 levels above the podium level.. should move pretty fast here on out!!!

Back