Toronto Festival Tower and tiff Bell Lightbox | 156.96m | 42s | Daniels | KPMB

OK, what are those brown stains on our brand new sexy cladding!?!

When you got to go, you got to go :p

Maybe they hadn't got around to installing the toilets yet for the workers.

I'm sure it'll be cleaned up soon enough. The better question is, will the exact same cladding be used on the south side of the building fronting King?? I think that might just be a little bit to concrete for my liking.

When you got to go, you got to go :p

Maybe they hadn't got around to installing the toilets yet for the workers.

I'm sure it'll be cleaned up soon enough. The better question is, will the exact same cladding be used on the south side of the building fronting King?? I think that might just be a little bit to concrete for my liking.

No.

lightbox7.jpg

Thanks, looks just like 550 Wellington West actually.

this thing is going to be very concrete. kinda unfortunate. i find it strange that considering reitman's history with this site, he did not push for a design that would blend with the neighbourhood more.

the theatres to the east are classics and th bars/ restaurants opposite to the site are brilliant.

this thing is going to be very concrete. kinda unfortunate. i find it strange that considering reitman's history with this site, he did not push for a design that would blend with the neighbourhood more.

the theatres to the east are classics and th bars/ restaurants opposite to the site are brilliant.

A few things ... so far, this is still adhering to the original render. But I share your fears if the aforementioned isn't carried through. For one, you can already see a lot of concrete on the King Street side. There's a little strip and then a large piece on top of the glass. According to the render the top piece will be covered in some form of glass and the little strip will be covered in precast.

Don't write it off yet ... way to early.

Maybe he did. Rather than competing with those buildings a contrasting one will in fact be more complimentary?

i'm a harsh critic of architecture in this city. but even if this thing doesn't turn out beautifully (and it still might), i'm just glad that TIFF is getting a new home. we also get a new theatre and film research centre downtown. that's beautiful.

Having such internationally high-profile organizations as the TIFF headquarters, Second City, RTH and the Mirvish Theatres in such close proximity does start to give some weight and substance to the 'Entertainment District' monicker.

OMG Yay!

It's about f*cking time!! This concrete bunker was an ugly b*tch for a long time. The cladding looks very nice so far :)

Back