Toronto Exhibit Residences | 99.97m | 32s | Bazis | Rosario Varacalli

Lane right of way, McDonalds...

Echoing previous comments, I have been told it is almost a certainty the McDonalds will exercise their option to operate a restaurant here. This clearly was not an impediment to building sales, which have been very strong. This may also be an indication in a frothy market there is insufficient invocation of the caveat emptor doctrine.

I have a question I am hoping someone can answer. I was just told that the laneway to the west of Exhibit will be used by the 200 residents of Exhibit for ingress/egress as well as the unit owners next door at Museum House. This does not seem practical to me for obvious reasons. Would the city really have allowed access to both buildings off Bloor and the resultant congestion from a one car width laneway?

I am pretty certain that the laneway will be wide enough for cars to pass in both directions. Have you been told otherwise?

The city documents go on at length about what's happening with that laneway. The laneway is 5.5m wide (more than enough width to allow two cars to pass), and it's only intended for vehicular access on an interim basis. The eventual plan is to have vehicular access to Exhibit and MuseumHouse redirected through the east-west laneway running behind the two buildings, and the existing north-south laneway that dumps on to Bloor is to be closed off to traffic and turned into a pedestrian walkway.

YAHOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!

Application: New Building Status: Not Started

TORONTO ON M5S 1T8

Ward 20: Trinity-Spadina

Application#: 11 297046 BLD 00 NB Accepted Date: Oct 21, 2011

Project: Mixed Use/Res w Non Res New Building

Description: Proposal to construct 31-storey mixed-use building with above grade parking structure and one level basement, with retail at ground and second floor. Residential GFA to total 22839m2 (with 211 units), retail shell to total 1191m2, including sprinklers at 30809m2. Also see related PPR file 11-243663, demolition file 11-246219, and SPA file 09-111148. Also connected to addresses 192A Bloor St W and 194 Bloor St W.

^ I am indeed v_s and I'm kinda surprised there isn't more buzz. The north side of Bloor between Ave & Bedford is pretty dull and this building is going to add some pizzazz and balance things out a bit with the ROM across the street.

That's true, thi one's been very quiet. Maybe people are hesitant because of Bazis's development history in this city? (though the failure at 1 Bloor wasn't really their fault). However it turns out it'll still be an improvement over whats there. Should be a very interesting one to photograph.

I think people are more concerned about how Crystal Blu turned out. It is not very nice. However this one is not just a Bazis project anymore, so it might turn out okay.

Funny enough, I actually like the McDonalds that is located there right now.. :p
It's not your typical McD that's for sure.

That being said the design of this tower is interesting, and will definitely add to the canyon of Bloor Street. Will they be replacing the retail that is there now, or just making it the lobby?

Back