Toronto Exhibit Residences | 99.97m | 32s | Bazis | Rosario Varacalli

Well they timed that perfectly. Just as the hoarding for Museum House is coming down and eliminating that one lane bottleneck westbound on Bloor, Exhibit will no doubt restore the nuisance. But nice to see it started.
(I really hope they repave that area of Bloor, it is in ridiculously bad shape)

Last edited:
I heard recently that there are over 70 roads/streets in downtown Toronto with a blocked lane due to construction projects (source - Councillor Wong-Tam). Per Mayor Ford, roads should be for cars and trucks only... I'm not complaining, but just as an observation this has got to contribute somewhat to traffic congestion downtown.

Well they timed that perfectly. Just as the hoarding for Museum House is coming down and eliminating that one lane bottleneck westbound on Bloor, Exhibit will no doubt restore the nuisance. But nice to see it started.
(I really hope they repave that area of Bloor, it is in ridiculously bad shape)

I feel compelled to confess, I take far too much schadenfreude in watching gridlocked motorists getting irrationally angry.

But yes, the traffic on Bloor Street is disgraceful. This saturday I was walking from Bloor/Sherbourne to OISE and I was moving at a faster pace than the traffic... and I can say this for certain as there was a particularly shiny bentley that was stop-and-go beside me the whole way with a stupid, yappy dog barking at me out the window the whole time.

I feel compelled to confess, I take far too much schadenfreude in watching gridlocked motorists getting irrationally angry.

But yes, the traffic on Bloor Street is disgraceful. This saturday I was walking from Bloor/Sherbourne to OISE and I was moving at a faster pace than the traffic... and I can say this for certain as there was a particularly shiny bentley that was stop-and-go beside me the whole way with a stupid, yappy dog barking at me out the window the whole time.

one hopes they are not one and the same !?!

Application: Partial Permit Status: Not Started

TORONTO ON M5S 1T8

Ward 20: Trinity-Spadina

Application#: 11 297046 STR 00 PP Accepted Date: Mar 15, 2012

Project: Mixed Use/Res w Non Res Partial Permit - Structural Framing

Description: Part Permit - Proposal to construct 32-storey mixed-use building with above grade parking structure and one level basement, with retail at ground and second floor. Residential GFA to total 22839m2 (with 211 units), retail shell to total 1191m2, including sprinklers at 30809m2. Also see related PPR file 11-243663, demolition file 11-246219, and SPA file 09-111148. Also connected to addresses 192A Bloor St W and 194 Bloor St W.

Looks like this is about to start.:cool:

TE15.28 ACTION
Ward:20
Construction Staging Area - 200 Bloor Street West
Origin
(March 22, 2012) Report from the Acting Director, Transportation Services, Toronto and East York District
Recommendations
Transportation Services recommends that:

1. City Council close the north side sidewalk and curb lane fronting 200 Bloor Street West for a period of 32 months, from May 1, 2012 to December 31, 2014, as shown on Drawing No. 421G-0590 attached to the report dated March 22, 2012, entitled “Construction Staging Area - 200 Bloor Street West", from the Acting Director, Transportation Services, Toronto and East York District.

2. City Council implements a “No Stopping Anytime†regulation on the north side of Bloor Street West from a point 43 metres west of Avenue Road to a point 74 metres further west.

3. City Council adjust the “No Stopping, 7:30 a.m. to 9:30 a.m. and 3:30 p.m. to 6:30 p.m., except Saturday, Sunday and Public Holidays†on the north side of Bloor Street West from a point 105 metres east of Bedford Road to Yonge Street to apply from Yonge Street to a point 43 metres west of Avenue Road and from a point 117 metres west of Avenue Road to a point 105 metres east of Bedford Road.

4. City Council adjust the regulation authorizing the operation of parking machines/meters, from 9:30 a.m. to 3:30 p.m., 6:30 p.m. to 9:00 p.m. Monday to Friday; 8:00 a.m. to 9:00 p.m. Saturday; and 1:00 p.m. to 9:00 p.m. Sunday on the north side of Bloor Street West between Avenue Road and Spadina Avenue to apply from Avenue Road to a point 43 metres west and from a point 117 metres west of Avenue Road to Spadina Avenue.

5. City Council adjust the "1 hr parking, 9:30 a.m. to 3:30 p.m." regulation on the north side of Bloor Street West between Bedford Road and Avenue Road to apply from Avenue Road to a point 43 metres west and from a point 117 metres west of Avenue Road to Bedford Road.

6. City Council adjust the "No Parking Anytime" regulation on the north side of Bloor Street West from a point 91.5 metres east of Avenue Road to a point 100.5 metres west of Avenue Road to indicate from a point 91.5 metres east of Avenue Road to a point 43 metres west of Avenue Road.

7. City Council direct that Bloor Street West be returned to its pre-construction traffic and parking regulations when the project is completed.
Summary
TMG Builders is building a 32-storey combined commercial retail and residential condominium at 200 Bloor Street West, located on the north side of Bloor Street West between Bedford Road and Avenue Road. To enable construction, Transportation Services must close the sidewalk and curb lane on the north side of Bloor Street West for a period of 32 months.
Financial Impact
There is no financial impact on the City. TMG Builders is responsible for all costs.
Background Information
(March 22, 2012) Report from the Acting Director, Transportation Services, Toronto and East York District - Construction Staging Area - 200 Bloor Street West
(http://www.toronto.ca/legdocs/mmis/2012/te/bgrd/backgroundfile-46161.pdf)
Drawing No. 421G-0590 - Construction Staging Area - 200 Bloor Street West
(http://www.toronto.ca/legdocs/mmis/2012/te/bgrd/backgroundfile-46162.pdf)

Each time I pass this I dearly hope to see this eternal McDonald’s closed (and some sign of construction beginning), but each time I'm disappointed. Wasn't this supposed to start months ago? And why can't this McDonald's ever close (even temporarily)?

Finally a little bit of movement here, hoarding has gone up on part of the site. I have a feeling they'll let McDonald's finish out the summer before they shut them down.

exhibita19.jpg

Thanks for the updates Androiduk, I'm very glad to see this buildings go away, I actually think this tower is going to look pretty good with the Royal Museum, (hopping for high quality materials).

Back