Toronto Exhibit Residences | 99.97m | 32s | Bazis | Rosario Varacalli

I too wish the ground floor ceilings were a bit higher. I do like how the top portion of the building appears to loom over Bloor. I appreciate the "drama" this creates.

We were led to believe that not everything is settled regarding the ground floor height yet, and even possibly the second floor, when we were talking with Mr. Varacalli last week. They are shooting for 20 feet on the ground floor, and higher than most on the second floor.

When you launch a building like this, the working drawings have not been created yet, and there is still some room to play. The intention is for a grand main floor.

In regards to Redroom's comments re: the garden on the north side: in the summer, it will get direct late afternoon and evening sun, when people are returning home and want to relax. Toronto's street grid is approximately 17 degrees off of true, so any building aligned with it always has a bit of west on what we think of its north side. Many Toronto condo dwellers with northern exposure will know that they get the sunsets!

I'm not very happy with the ground floor ceiling heights, but the building itself is excellent.

building on outside is nice. inside the units are all very small. i was expecting less units per floor and larger floorplates considering the location.

Here's a quick overview of the various floor plates in Exhibit Residences:

Exhibit_floorplates.jpg

It's a handsome structure to be sure. My only problem is that in the renders we've seen so far, the transitions between the four cubes seem to happen behind and independent of the balconies, emphasizing the different angles on which they're each aligned. The model however reveals the truth - that the transitions will happen on balcony levels. It's an awkward compromise and one which was surely done for financial reasons but I am happy that Mr. Varacalli and his team were able to find a solution which retains as much of the integrity of the abstract 'stacked-blocks' motif as possible.

Friend of my went to the sales office and was told there was only a few units left and that demolition should start by late fall.

...and they *just* renovated that McDonalds too. What were the franchisees thinking? (Also, remind me again what the relationship is between McDonalds and this site? Because there is one, if I'm not mistaken.)

^^

I believe that the McDonald's owned a 100 year lease from the city for what today's market will deem to be a retardedly low price.

The renovations at the Mcdonald's is extremely smart. For every dollar that they put into the reno, they should probably beable to recieve at least 2 dollars back from the developer.

Good news news that it's starting work in the fall. This and Emerald Park are stunning designs that Bazis have put forth fo the city. It certainly will add much value to our beloved home.

Believe or not, here's the way things I understand went down;

McDonald's had a 99 year lease on the building that was signed way back when that strip wasn't that desirable. They were only paying $15,500 per year in rent to the city. In 2008 the city sold the site to McDonald's for just over $3 million. Experts suggested the site was worth $7-$9 million. McDonald's then flipped the property to Bazis for a condo development with the stipulation they would get a new restaurant on the ground floor.

Believe or not, here's the way things I understand went down;

McDonald's had a 99 year lease on the building that was signed way back when that strip wasn't that desirable. They were only paying $15,500 per year in rent to the city. In 2008 the city sold the site to McDonald's for just over $3 million. Experts suggested the site was worth $7-$9 million. McDonald's then flipped the property to Bazis for a condo development with the stipulation they would get a new restaurant on the ground floor.

Interesting to see how the building's aesthetics will be with a McDonalds on the main floor.

Back