Toronto Exhibit Residences | 99.97m | 32s | Bazis | Rosario Varacalli

Well, the neighbours are shown shadowy, but the context that this render is coming from is Philosopher's Walk, so as much as most renderings meddle with the context, the trees in this one aren't so far off!

Okay, here's the rest, and we'll start with all the context you could want, looking west.

ExhibitExtWestDay750.jpg

This one is from a similar context to the very first new one we ran above, but trees removed. More shadowy neighbours (that's MuseumHouse ghosting in on the left for example), and some of the ROM's crystal on the right.

ExhibitExtTall750.jpg

Looking into the lobby from the street.

ExhibitLobbyIn750.jpg

Looking out to the street from the lobby.

ExhibitLobbyOut750.jpg

Ground floor plan.

ExhibitPlansGroundFloor750.jpg

We'll take the elevator up to the 10th. You'll see the fitness centre in the plan here, overlooking the 9th floor terrace.

ExhibitPlans10thFloor750.jpg

And one floor down, the amenities of the 9th floor in plan.

ExhibitPlans9thFloor750.jpg

So, on the 9th floor, we'll start with the party room then zoom in. That's the outdoor terrace in behind of course.

ExhibitParty750.jpg

ExhibitPartyCrop750.jpg

The private dining area.

ExhibitPrivateDiningCrop750.jpg

The bar.

ExhibitBarCrop750.jpg

And the terrace, looking back toward the party room.

ExhibitTerraceCrop750.jpg

This evening we'll run the model shots: some of the terraces where the cubes shift will be particularly cool.

Last edited:
Looks like a view looking north from Philosopher's Walk, pretty accurate depiction of a summer shot between two trees just as you exit onto the south side of bloor.

Okay, here's the rest, and we'll start with all the context you could want, looking west.

ExhibitExtWestDay750.jpg

Not that I totally trust renders, but if this render is accurate, it appears to me that Exhibit balconies would hang over almost the entire sidewalk in front of the building.

The rendering looks like it is highly oversimplified.

If this is a true representation of what is being proposed then the residents will not have much of a view since the units appear to be ringed by 6 foot high frosted glass balconies.

Okay, I've whittled down the Exhibit Brokers' Opening to these pics, most focusing on the model:

ExhibitOpening01.jpg

Roy Varacalli, architect of Exhibit and partner at Bazis, Barbara Lawlor, president of Baker Real Estate, and Michael Gold, president of Bazis

ExhibitOpening02.jpg

ExhibitOpening03.jpg

The Bloor Street frontage

ExhibitOpening04.jpg

Terraces where the cubes shift are quite large

ExhibitOpening05.jpg

ExhibitOpening06.jpg

ExhibitOpening07.jpg

A laneway will be maintained between Exhibit and MuseumHouse

ExhibitOpening08.jpg

The 9th storey rooftop garden sits above the integrated parking garage

ExhibitOpening09.jpg

ExhibitOpening10.jpg

ExhibitOpening11.jpg

ExhibitOpening12.jpg

ExhibitOpening13.jpg

The sales centre features touch screens which feature floor plans and full info about the project.

ExhibitOpening14.jpg

It was a big opening. Sales to the public still to come...

ExhibitOpening15.jpg

Me likey.. excellent dialogue with the ROM. We are growing... up.

My sentiments exactly.

EDIT: What a huge impact the 'bad boys' have had on our city, and how good it is now, to see Toronto stepping out of its shadow. Alsop, Ghery, Libeskind, thank you! The 'cultural renaissance' has moved past a few arts-related buildings and into the architectural community in general, although it's early days. Some more daring works, please, architects?

Last edited:
I think the designers and buyers might live to regret putting the pool deck on the back side of this building. It is likely to be in almost complete shadow during the prime daylight hours of 11 - 2...

Back