News   Mar 28, 2024
 91     0 
News   Mar 28, 2024
 169     0 
News   Mar 28, 2024
 245     0 

Toronto Eaton Centre

EC closed until Monday due to expected large gatherings.
F3DDE255-12EE-4FE6-B353-9657D5D5BDB3.jpeg

Not surprised. Microsoft is really only known for software. You can download software without the need for a physical store.
Not just that, but the only thing that distinguishes Microsoft Stores from Apple Stores is that Microsoft Stores have video games. However, video games are also known as entertainment software and Microsoft doesn't have the assortment of video game merchandise (excluding video game accessories) as Nintendo, which means that the Microsoft Store is practically a failed experiment.

Last edited:
Not just that, but the only thing that distinguishes Microsoft Stores from Apple Stores is that Microsoft Stores have video games. However, video games are also known as entertainment software and Microsoft doesn't have the assortment of video game merchandise (excluding video game accessories) as Nintendo, which means that the Microsoft Store is practically a failed experiment.

Does Microsoft even make the X-Box anymore?

Does Microsoft even make the X-Box anymore?
They are going to release the Xbox Series X by the end of the year to compete with the PS5 and the Nintendo Switch.

It is funny that the Eaton Centre location of the Microsoft Store is formerly a Sony Store.

Now, it would be interesting to know which retailer could open up in that space. Perhaps Nintendo (since it has a large assortment of merchandise and video games)? If it were Nintendo, then that space would be occupied by three different video game hardware companies at different times.

They are going to release the Xbox Series X by the end of the year to compete with the PS5 and the Nintendo Switch.

It is funny that the Eaton Centre location of the Microsoft Store is formerly a Sony Store.

Now, it would be interesting to know which retailer could open up in that space. Perhaps Nintendo (since it has a large assortment of merchandise and video games)? If it were Nintendo, then that space would be occupied by three different video game hardware companies at different times.

Hm... what we really need is the IT store.

Not surprised. Microsoft is really only known for software. You can download software without the need for a physical store.

I would've agreed 10 years ago, but their Surface lineup has done quite well for them.

Overall I liked the experience. A lot of different devices to try out. Too bad they didn't put even more of an Xbox focus - if they reworked the stores I still think they could be great for the brand.

The move is understandable though; partnering with retailers like Best Buy to create "Microsoft" sections in their stores is a lot more cost effective.

I would've agreed 10 years ago, but their Surface lineup has done quite well for them.

Overall I liked the experience. A lot of different devices to try out. Too bad they didn't put even more of an Xbox focus - if they reworked the stores I still think they could be great for the brand.

The move is understandable though; partnering with retailers like Best Buy to create "Microsoft" sections in their stores is a lot more cost effective.
...and Best Buy already sells video games, which means that Xbox games can be moved to the Microsoft section, PlayStation games get moved to the Sony section, and Nintendo would have its own section for its own video games, accessories, and merchandise.

Back