Toronto Eaton Centre (Ongoing Renewal) | ?m | ?s | Cadillac Fairview | Zeidler

Now we just have to wait for the city to tear up the sidewalks again and install bike posts, as interchange42 has promised.

Whoa!! that was fast. They only had a few pieces on last night and was not worth taking a picture then.

Now where are the skateboarders???

As for the bike holders, only have to core dill the hole and grout it in place. No big deal.

Hope these planters last longer than the ones in the medians at Queen & University, which have been falling apart for years with next to zero maintenance.

I walked by yesterday on my lunch break as they were putting on the cladding and noticed that it just seemed to these untrained eyes to be very sloppy workmanship. :(
The fit and finish is very average when you see them in person IMHO.

Hope these planters last longer than the ones in the medians at Queen & University, which have been falling apart for years with next to zero maintenance.

One of the planters in the median at Queen and University (the northwestmost one in the median south of Queen) was taken out by a car some time during the winter and has never been replaced.

Same style of slab-bench as Dundas Square around its edge on Dundas Street.

I like them. They are also at a good height for sitting... and I can say that for sure cuz I was sitting on one yesterday hehe.

They were finishing the last 2 when I was there today

IMG_aug-08-09-0150.jpg

IMG_aug-08-09-0151.jpg

All the sidewalk is finish now with these pavers in place.
IMG_aug-08-09-0152.jpg

Skateboarders can use the ends the way they are.
IMG_aug-08-09-0153.jpg
[/IMG]

Back