Toronto Eaton Centre (Ongoing Renewal) | ?m | ?s | Cadillac Fairview | Zeidler

possibly includes the rental tower they want to build as well? I suspect it will include that, some major renovations of the HBC space including an expanded tunnel under Queen, the recladding of the simpsons tower, etc.

I was about to say - we haven't heard anything about 2 Queen West in a couple of months. Would love to see what Cadillac is thinking holistically about the whole site. Hopefully they are?

The $400 million statement was made when the arrival of Nordstrom was announced. The purchase of HBC's buildings and their integration into the Eaton Centre were announced a couple of weeks later, so I'm not sure anything related to them is included in that amount.

Application: Building Additions/Alterations Status: Not Started

TORONTO ON M5G 1Z3

Ward 27: Toronto Centre-Rosedale

Application#: 14 186025 BLD 00 BA Accepted Date: Jul 7, 2014

Project: Retail Store Re-Roofing/Re-Cladding

Description: Proposal to demolish existing facade in preparation for new tenant - "Nordstrom"

Glass and more glass I guess. It's what is happening in Vancouver with their former Sears bunker that Cadillac Fairview is rebuilding for Nordstrom.

My guess is the new Nordstrom Eaton Centre will look very similar to the new downtown Vancouver location. Can't wait!

Vancouver store

store-vancouver-pacific-centre-12-adam-f97e2297-ede9-46f6-ac0e-a2c90183a007-fil-file.jpg

Attachments

• store-vancouver-pacific-centre-12-adam-f97e2297-ede9-46f6-ac0e-a2c90183a007-fil-file.jpg
    store-vancouver-pacific-centre-12-adam-f97e2297-ede9-46f6-ac0e-a2c90183a007-fil-file.jpg
    93.3 KB · Views: 1,983
My guess is the new Nordstrom Eaton Centre will look very similar to the new downtown Vancouver location. Can't wait!

I took a before and after look at Vancouver Nordstrom, and I agree with you that it will look much urban than the previous design.
http://www.insidevancouver.ca/2012/09/17/nordstrom-to-open-store-in-downtown-vancouver/

The Sears in Vancouver looks almost exactly like the one we have at Eaton Centre too (same colour, same texture).

Although the new design has more to be desire. I prefer our department stores looking like this http://www.modernwearing.com/trends-news/new-yorks-fashion-palace/

But Sears' offices are remaining on site during Toronto construction, aren't they?

That alone suggests a less invasive renovation than the gut-job in Vancouver.

Last edited:
the dollar figures behind it however point to otherwise. $400 million buys you a whole lot more than just a rebuilt interior.

Back