Eaton Centre (Ongoing Renewal) | ?m | ?s | Cadillac Fairview | Zeidler

interchange42

Administrator
Staff member
Member Bio
Reaction score
Leaving that tiny bit of old painted aluminium cladding just looks so cheap.

AoD
Long live the old beige original Eaton cladding!

I actually loved that cladding, I found that it aged pretty seamlessly. Unfortunately we don't be saying the same for most of the hacked up facades along Yonge Street (ie: Uniqlo).
That stuff was actually porcelain on aluminum and it stood up well.

3Dementia

Member Bio
Reaction score
This is prep work for the new "icicle" LEDs (an homage to a building up the street).

Meanwhile, the office tower at Yonge & Dundas looks like it's been hit by a tornado.

afransen

Member Bio
Reaction score
I have heard of this technology being used to gather demographic data (using image recognition to classify people by age, sex, etc.). I'm rather surprised that a solution provider would make a solution that violates privacy laws as compliance is a pretty high priority for large corporate customers (no one wants to be the CEO for another Target CC leak, etc.).

Northern Light

Superstar
Member Bio
Reaction score
I have heard of this technology being used to gather demographic data (using image recognition to classify people by age, sex, etc.). I'm rather surprised that a solution provider would make a solution that violates privacy laws as compliance is a pretty high priority for large corporate customers (no one wants to be the CEO for another Target CC leak, etc.).

A read of the decision indicates the following.

1603994928798.png

1603995004187.png

1603995031816.png

1603995078771.png

1603995121762.png

One may read the balance to one's contentment at this link:

PS.......though not enabled.........apparently this tech could record audio.

afransen

Member Bio
Reaction score
As long as there is care not to track or identify individuals, I don't have any objection to using facial recognition to gather demo data or understand consumer behaviour (ie, tracking a 'session' of where a person went during a visit). If anyone objects to this, I assume they don't use the internet, which offers much more opportunity for fine grain identification of individuals, and their behaviours and thoughts.

UtakataNoAnnex

Member Bio
Reaction score
As long as there is care not to track or identify individuals, I don't have any objection to using facial recognition to gather demo data or understand consumer behaviour (ie, tracking a 'session' of where a person went during a visit). If anyone objects to this, I assume they don't use the internet, which offers much more opportunity for fine grain identification of individuals, and their behaviours and thoughts.
My internet doesn't read my face though.

afransen

Member Bio
Reaction score
My internet doesn't read my face though.
It knows exactly who you are, where you live, what you like (both publicly and privately), your age, gender, political orientation, sexual orientation, relationship status, etc. etc. etc. And it has your face (courtesy facebook etc.).