Toronto East Lofts Condos | ?m | 12s | Harhay | a—A

updates?

Any new photos or stats on how tall the building is now? Based on the rate of construction in the past couple months when would you anticipate move in to start?

It seems to have been picking up speed recently

The webcam has been going on and off so it's been hard to keep track of what floor they're on, but my best guess is that they are currently pouring the concrete for what will be the base of the 6th floor, maybe the 7th.

Seems to be working now.

imgserver.php

The set back floors should start soon.

They were at a pace before of 1 floor/+1.5 month but the pace definitely has quickened. Since Harhay is also the construction company perhaps with Glas (near) completed there is extra man power. In one of the webcam shots back when I counted 20 people working.

Since they mentioned most mechanicals are on the base/bottom, perhaps when the building tops out, completion of the rest will not lag as much. But I highly doubt any type of occupancy by Nov.

Just a side note, I was told that the building does not have a Garbage shaft/shute, nor any bike area (bikes go in lockers). It would be great if condo by-laws allow for a scooter to be parked in a storage locker.

Just a side note, I was told that the building does not have a Garbage shaft/shute, nor any bike area (bikes go in lockers). It would be great if condo by-laws allow for a scooter to be parked in a storage locker.

The lack of a garbage chute might have to do with the city rolling out the Green bin program from apartments/condos, where residents will have to take their waste (garbage, green waste + recyclables) to a common area.

Garbage chutes are pretty useless when you recycle and compost. I had to make daily trips down to the garbage room at my old condo to get rid of recycling.

I need to take a picture, but looking into the ground level from Princess is very interesting. I won't bother describing it, but I promise some photos are on the way.

Well torontovibe beat me to it, good work. It looks like there'll be a balcony or overhang of some sort within the first floor area. That's what had me thinking that this could make for some very interesting retail space.

I have seen some on MLS a few months ago. If I remember correctly, most of the ones available were the 2 story penthouse units.

Laying the 7th floor now..

They have really been picking up the pace of late (last few months).

The laying of the 8th floor I believe would start the set back floor levels.

With the better weather as well, November occupancy for the lower floors does not seem as far fetched as before, although I still don't think they will make it.

Back