Toronto East Harbour | 214.2m | 65s | Cadillac Fairview | Adamson

So there's no more tweaking on this final projects design ? If not when will they start with the shoring ? Will it be done in phases or shore the whole area like the Wells development ?

Why do you think that? I find that rendering rather lacklustre. I expect the real deal to be better than that. Certainly that's my hope.

Are we starting? Earth moving equipment on site this afternoon.

20181020-162852.jpg

I see a stack of sewer pipe in the upper right corner.

Walked by there today. There was a circle of concrete shoring piles 20 or 30 metres across that had been constructed.

I'd wait for confirmation, these may be pre-works that are tied into Port Lands servicing.

So there's no more tweaking on this final projects design ? If not when will they start with the shoring ? Will it be done in phases or shore the whole area like the Wells development ?

The project will have multiple phases but also have some of those phases overlapping. very massive undertaking with the transit, all new streets and buildings all going up at different times and completion dates.

No thanks for the reason we'll have a giant empty office park should Amazon crash.

No thanks for the reason we'll have a giant empty office park should Amazon crash.

Not really. I know there's been a lot of interest in the site in the event that Amazon does not end up here. It will have no trouble finding another anchor.

I'm not expecting Amazon to crash overnight should they chose Toronto and settle into East Harbour. Amazon crashing will reverberate in Toronto whether they build HQ2 here or not. There will no longer be an office space crunch should Toronto still be in one years from now.

No major news here, just a couple of notes.

There will be no major new buildings on site till the berms go in along the Don Roadway side of the site; that project in turn is intertwined w/the Gardiner East replacement, in whatever form that takes.

The Gardiner project starts massive cashflow in 2020, based on currently approved plans/budgets.

The Gardiner is supposed to start construction this year - though that doesn't really look like it's going to happen. We will see.

No major news here, just a couple of notes.
There will be no major new buildings on site till the berms go in along the Don Roadway side of the site; that project in turn is intertwined w/the Gardiner East replacement, in whatever form that takes.
The Gardiner project starts massive cashflow in 2020, based on currently approved plans/budgets.

The recent provincial policy change may allow concurrent berm and project construction though - I think they will only allow occupancy once the floodproofing is complete.

AoD

Back