Toronto East Harbour | 214.2m | 65s | Cadillac Fairview | Adamson

It almost looks like the office towers are circling and crowding the central plaza, making it covered in shadow for most of the day. Wouldn't we want to be shifting the massing to maximize sunlight there? I have no problem with the tower heights, just their placement and shape.
Are you thinking of the old plan hat had a central park? In the new one, it's more like wider sidewalks along Broadview, a couple of piazzas around the Soap Factory building and GO station, some decentralized green bits here and there, incorporating the berm along the river for instance…

To add onto interchange42 's post above, the buildings' shapes are not final and have not even begun design stages and are a moot point to discuss from an architectural design perspective. Though, yes, they will make a giant impact on the skyline and especially views from the East end towards DT. Lake Shore's view of the Downtown skyline will almost fully be blocked from eye level from say Woodbine or Leslie even. As per the approved zoning if even just the Soap factory building hits max height 75m the view is mostly blocked. Just wait until the other tallest ones go up. :D

Here are some reference photos below. 2 from Google street view and 2 that I personally took. (One from the roof of the Soap Factory from a couple weeks ago. (6 storeys up).

Soap Factory Water Tower.JPG

Water Tower in Red
Soap Factory Water Tower2.JPG

DSC_0116.JPG

20181106_150321.jpg

This has nothing to do with this development project . But look at how fast those trees have grown in Park Common in the last five years from the photo up above ! Nice Fall Foliage !
P.S. I can't wait to see this happen in the Lower Don Lands area when it's completed !

375 EASTERN AVE
Ward 14 - Tor & E.York District

http://app.toronto.ca/DevelopmentAp...4502234&isCofASearch=false&isTlabSearch=false

Site Plan Approval Application for the redevelopment and adaptive re-use of the Soap Factory Building at East Harbour. The Soap Factory Building is the first step in the realization of the visionary redevelopment of the Unilever Precinct into a comprehensively planned, intensified employment precinct that is fully integrated with the surrounding area and encompasses a broad variety of non-residential uses.

The City has an entire team dedicated to this project, so I imagine SPA should progress quite quickly if FG wants it to.

The reverse-facadism part is interesting given how it looks like the soap factory's floorplan is also getting squared off (or at least the side facing the DVP).

The reverse-facadism part is interesting given how it looks like the soap factory's floorplan is also getting squared off (or at least the side facing the DVP).

Think of it more as a brand new building with the look of the existing Soap Factory on the lower levels. Since it is not a Heritage building they are free to do pretty much anything to the building, but they are keeping elements.

don't like that exposed loading. What happens to that as the area urbanizes?

When the entire site progresses this loading will most likely be moved underground with the rest of the buildings. The new East-West street on the south side of the building will affect the loading when it is installed in the coming years, so i am sure there is a plan for the loading to be adjusted.

From the Metrolinx Board Meeting docs. Not a First Gulf update but it looks like the station here is moving forward, as it is an integral part of the development. I wonder if First Gulf is contributing to building the station as per the PC's "Transit Oriented Development/Private Sector" approach to new stations?

GO Station Capital Delivery Infrastructure Update
The Concept Design was approved for the New East Harbour Station project on
December 14, 2018.

Back