News   Jul 11, 2024
 120     0 
News   Jul 11, 2024
 300     0 
News   Jul 10, 2024
 611     0 

Toronto Crosstown LRT | ?m | ?s | Metrolinx | Arcadis

Last edited:
They should design the interchange stations at Don Mills-Eglinton NOW to better handle the transferring of passengers than what they do now.

InterchangeStation.png

20080526platform.jpg

Take a look at how Montreal handles transfer stations, at this link.
schematic.jpg

Seems way overbuilt for the traffic expected.

The most I'd do here is rough in a Spanish solution (or at least make provisions for it), like we've done with Sheppard-Yonge.

Why not a solution that avoids all of the unneeded convoluted complexity typically inherent in fanciful pie-in-the-sky transit nerdom proposals?

This is not to scale obviously but it gives the general idea. This idea avoids all needless transfers and allows any possible movement without interfering with other services.

It's a real solution that's completely futureproof for all possible demand patterns. A true one seat ride means no more passenger confusion about which train do I board at which platform. Get on and go.

Attachments

• proposal.jpg
    proposal.jpg
    298.4 KB · Views: 185

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2015-09-24 at Thursday Sep 24, 2015 2.59.40 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2015-09-24 at Thursday Sep 24, 2015 2.59.40 PM.png
    833.3 KB · Views: 391
Also the service date seems to have slipped to Sept 2021 (not a huge surprise)
"The Eglinton Crosstown LRT will be in service by September 2021" from link above
They might as well just round up to 2022 because that's most likely the earliest date we will see service with the Crosstown. I have a funny feeling that this will slip further to 2023 though.

That's better than I expected to be honest. We all knew that the date would be updated once they achieved financial close, because the opening date is incentivized in the contract, and thus was part of the negotiations. I was expecting well into 2022 or 2023.

Though the 2021 date was already public, as it slipped out in a TTC budget presentation last week (along with Finch West in 2021, Danforth extension to Scarborough Centre in 2023, and Sheppard East in 2024).

They might as well just round up to 2022 because that's most likely the earliest date we will see service with the Crosstown. I have a funny feeling that this will slip further to 2023 though.
I doubt it very much with the "severe financial penalties".

Its weird to me that they aren't working on the above ground portion at the same time as the below ground portion, but hey, I guess thats government for ya.

The eglinton connect plan really needs to happen, or something, the area is such a mess right now (yes due to construction) but this is the time to fix it correctly.

Back