News   Jul 12, 2024
 1.4K     0 
News   Jul 12, 2024
 1.1K     1 
News   Jul 12, 2024
 398     0 

Toronto Crosstown LRT | ?m | ?s | Metrolinx | Arcadis

Since the u-turns are the only interaction at those particular places, i would assume the trains would have 100% priority, if not full control.

Transit City - Eglinton-Crosstown LRT EA and Construction

Speed isn't a factor of whether it's subway or LRT. It depends on the stop spacing and the type of boarding. If the Eglinton line has streetcar-esque boarding, it would be slow and miserable. If it has subway-esque boarding, it'll be fine. The stop spacing is nearly identical to Bloor-Danforth, so I don't think it'll be much slower. The bigger question is how it'll operate on the surface and how that'll turn out. When does St. Clair open? That may be a better way to gauge Transit City.

Speed isn't a factor of whether it's subway or LRT. It depends on the stop spacing and the type of boarding. If the Eglinton line has streetcar-esque boarding, it would be slow and miserable. If it has subway-esque boarding, it'll be fine. The stop spacing is nearly identical to Bloor-Danforth, so I don't think it'll be much slower. The bigger question is how it'll operate on the surface and how that'll turn out. When does St. Clair open? That may be a better way to gauge Transit City.

One thing that's cropped on the newest series of Eglinton open house boards is that the TTC is pushing for a considerably toothier attitude towards accomodating motor vehicle movement on the surface portions than they have on St. Clair. In many cases, left turn lanes and advance greens are gone, and those intersections will get nearside LRT stops rather than farside. That alone ought to make it considerably faster than St Clair.

Is St Clair going to proof of payment with all door boarding before the new streetcars arrive? If not, then it won't be a very good way to test the new way.

Is St Clair going to proof of payment with all door boarding before the new streetcars arrive? If not, then it won't be a very good way to test the new way.

is there anything preventing them from making it so?

is there anything preventing them from making it so?

If they didn't put in the correct feeds for electricity and data connectivity into the concrete station work, might cause a problem. Plus, there is always the TTCs problem bridging the gulf between could, should and will. At the current state of affairs, the streetcar - subway transfer still would require manual checks of all fares - is it a good idea even right now?

Hmm, how are they going to work that on the Eglinton line, with all the non-YUS stations being proof of payment only. Is the paranoid TTC going to force everyone to pass through fare gates once they get off the LRT? Or is even a single fare going to need a RFID presto card? Or perhaps re purpose the metro card readers to read and deduct a cheap paper and magnetic strip fare card, plus carry the transfer?

They could just send inspectors through the vehicle checking fares a few stops before reaching the subway.

How far along is this? What year are they planning to start construction?

Is it the first Transit City line to get started? Or is it 2nd priority? 3rd?

This is the third line in the three priority projects. The EA is a bit more complicated than Finch and Sheppard East.

Technically, Sheppard East is the first one, but the only work this year and the first half of 2010 is the Uxbridge Sub grade separation near Agincourt Station.

This is the third line in the three priority projects. The EA is a bit more complicated than Finch and Sheppard East.

Technically, Sheppard East is the first one, but the only work this year and the first half of 2010 is the Uxbridge Sub grade separation near Agincourt Station.

I thought that it was considered the fourth, with the conversion of the SRT being the third?

Dan
Toronto, Ont.

To convert the existing portion of the line to LRT would they need EA approval? Since the change isn't that significant I would think that all they would need is site plan approvals and they could sign a contract before anyone knows what is happening. I would think that only the extension should require EA approval.

I think they have to, for all routes.
The driver is in a compartment seperated from the passengers in the new streetcars.
You can't interact with him and he can't check your fare.

Back