News   Jul 12, 2024
 1.4K     0 
News   Jul 12, 2024
 1.1K     1 
News   Jul 12, 2024
 398     0 

Toronto Crosstown LRT | ?m | ?s | Metrolinx | Arcadis

It wouldn't surprise me if instead of installing fare dispensing machines and fare collection machines the TTC had people sitting on chairs at stops or inside each door will old school glass fare boxes.

prediction for completion - mark this post

phase 1 - 2018
phase 2 - 2022

start of construction 2012

According to the Transit City update, to be presented to the commissioners on December 16th, is this information:

Eglinton Crosstown LRT team is progressing on the design and engineering activities are underway as follows:
  • developing project implementation plan and schedule;
  • designing sections of on street right-of-way in the east and west ends;
  • designing the west tunnel boring machine (TBM) launch area at Black Creek Drive;
  • developing TBM specification and tunnel liner design and issuing the RFP; and
  • award of the TBM procurement in June 2010
Construction is planned to start in mid 2010.

The Eglinton Crosstown LRT will open in sections that can be operated as LRT as follows:
  • the westerly section from Eglinton West Station on the University Subway to Commerce Drive in 2016;
  • the easterly section from Eglinton West Station to Kennedy Station in 2018; and
  • Commerce Road to Pearson Airport in 2020.

Transit City - Eglinton-Crosstown EA and Construction

Apparently, York South-Weston Councillor Frances Nunziata and the Mount Dennis Community Asssociation will host a meeting today, Monday, to discuss the Eglinton Crosstown Light Rail's impact on the Mount Dennis community. It is to be held at the Salvation Army, 1100 Weston Road, just south of Eglinton Avenue West.

See article from insideToronto.com at this link.

Apparently, York South-Weston Councillor Frances Nunziata and the Mount Dennis Community Asssociation will host a meeting today, Monday, to discuss the Eglinton Crosstown Light Rail's impact on the Mount Dennis community. It is to be held at the Salvation Army, 1100 Weston Road, just south of Eglinton Avenue West.

"Our community doesn't want a train to run right in the middle of Eglinton Avenue every five to 10 minutes," he said. "It will disturb the peace of our community and will make it unsafe for pedestrians."

It's quieter and safer than the buses which currently run there... but oh no it will disturb the peace!!! and kill pedestrian!!!

Close to 200 came out and want the tunnel plan. I support the tunnel with the station closer to the GO line as that walking plan for the surface is a joke.

A few of the residents who houses will have to go were ready to sign on the dotted line at the right price, but most said no.

TTC said it will cost $100m. That about 30% less than it will cost to build the surface route that includes buying the homes and business.

This centre of the road west of Weston Rd is a joke and runs opposites what was said when the Cherry St plan came out by both the Commissioners and City Council.

There was a call to have a this matter put back before the Commissioners on Wed since they approved the EA at Nov meeting, but to go on the March agenda.

This area has change very little since I used to lived across the street from the Salvation Army building growing up. First time I been inside of it. It also one of those areas that needs a makeover.

Close to 200 came out and want the tunnel plan. I support the tunnel with the station closer to the GO line as that walking plan for the surface is a joke.

A few of the residents who houses will have to go were ready to sign on the dotted line at the right price, but most said no.

TTC said it will cost $100m. That about 30% less than it will cost to build the surface route that includes buying the homes and business.

This centre of the road west of Weston Rd is a joke and runs opposites what was said when the Cherry St plan came out by both the Commissioners and City Council.

There was a call to have a this matter put back before the Commissioners on Wed since they approved the EA at Nov meeting, but to go on the March agenda.

This area has change very little since I used to lived across the street from the Salvation Army building growing up. First time I been inside of it. It also one of those areas that needs a makeover.

I'd definitely support tunnelling this section if that's what the residents want.

"Our community doesn't want a train to run right in the middle of Eglinton Avenue every five to 10 minutes," he said. "It will disturb the peace of our community and will make it unsafe for pedestrians."

It's quieter and safer than the buses which currently run there... but oh no it will disturb the peace!!! and kill pedestrian!!!

Given the gradients involved Mt Dennis Stn may as well be underground. Most practical way for customers to have access to the GO corridor, as the mezzanine could extend 100m over met by stairs/escalators that'd serve a centre platformed GO stop. If the DRL were to be fast-tracked then Mount Dennis could soon become a major transit hub: GO, Eglinton Line, DRL, 73/89 and quite possibly Jane LRT running through a parallel tunnel then turning up Jane Street.

Mount Dennis Meeting - Correction

Drum wrote:

"TTC said it will cost $100m. That about 30% less than it will cost to build the surface route that includes buying the homes and business."

I also attended this meeting. In fact what TTC said is that an underground section from Weston to Jane would cost an ADDITIONAL $100 million compared to the at grade portion. The residents who attended responded that 100 million isn't much money at all.

TTC responded that 100 million would have to come out of another project and residents across the city (particularly on Sheppard) would also like their system completely underground but that would mean the overall transit city network would be impossible to fund. Oh well.

Also there were about 75 people there, not 200. The Mount Dennis community rep said they initially told TTC they favour the at grade option because it would help streetscaping and be better for pedestrians, but at the end said they need to consult more with their community before confirming a position for TTC's final report.

Last edited:
TTC responded that 100 million would have to come out of another project and residents across the city (particularly on Sheppard) would also like their system completely underground but that would mean the overall transit city network would be impossible to fund. Oh well.

Hmm...well *gasp* they could instead maybe avoid building LRT lines to farmers' fields and forests at Morningside and Sheppard...

^^ Yeah, cause we should leave the suburbs to cars. They're fools to even try and make Toronto's suburbs sustainable.

Transit City - Eglinton-Crosstown EA and Construction

i was reading an article and apparently this line is causing a shit storm in mount dennis.

are they not going to tunnel through this area anymore?

Back