News   Jun 28, 2024
 2.5K     2 
News   Jun 28, 2024
 1.5K     1 
News   Jun 28, 2024
 577     1 

Toronto Crosstown LRT | ?m | ?s | Metrolinx | Arcadis

Many stations deleted waterproofing and used xypex concrete additive in areas with a fair amount of ground water. A couple if stations are constantly wet and rusting away
This all sounds apocalyptic.

an-abandoned-subway-somewhere-in-russia-v0-if39fc39bo4a1.jpg

Im under the impression that any massive issues would have been leaked to the media by now. Even Canada's spy agency can't keep people from going to the press. Do we really think Metrolinx has better opsec than CSIS? 🤣 The reddit thread sounds like the usual job site gossip which happens on every site I have ever been on.

Trades hear something and talk among themselves and to other trades and it turns into a big game of telephone. The original issue at hand is lost in translation, and becomes something much more dramatic.

I was a bit surprised crossing it at Victoria Park the other day, and seeing them use on of those bars to measure the distance between the closest westbound and eastbound tracks.

No one would care that it is too wide. Does that mean they are concerned it's too narrow!

I guess they are still pointing fingers. ML gave bad specs (cause they never built a subway before) vs Crosslinx (who is hired cause they are suppose to be the experts follow ML's bad specs). Now no one wants to talk about it.

Maybe the line will never open and all they are doing are stall tactics till the next election.

Maybe the line will never open and all they are doing are stall tactics till the next election.
Like Cinicinatti's tunnel to nowhere.

Or, if your premise is correct, Queen's Park may decide that the Crosstown is too big to fail and infinite funds will be allocated to get it running. As such the Crosstown will be province's greatest example of sunk cost fallacy. The ultimate gravy train.

Last edited:

Back