Toronto Corus Quay | ?m | 8s | Waterfront Toronto | Diamond Schmitt

I agree with the "for now" and the ownership doesn't mean they control what Toronto Hydro does or doesn't do.

exactly. government ownership does not imply control, necessarily. the cbc, for example, has historically, been anti-conservative. and yet, we do not see mr. harper silencing mr. strombo when he speaks against the fed's art policy. thank god.

Coming in for a landing on Porter Thursday 4/9

Attachments

• Corus.jpg
    Corus.jpg
    91.7 KB · Views: 366
Great pic. When I see that site in context and see what is going up there I could cry, and not tears of joy. Oh well.

Originally, I was against this project but it is growing on me (or I just might have conceaded defeat that Toronto is incapable of something better). I wish that the developers called this project as it is from the start... designed to blend into its surroundings and not to be a showcase like they claim. Maturing trees along the boardwalk and Sugar Beach will humanize this precinct along with the new QQ East line.

I'm not minding this at all. True, it would be more at home on The East Mall, but since "it's not awful" seems to be a common standard, then I guess it's ok.

DSCN4532.jpg

DSCN4533.jpg

DSCN4534.jpg

Great pic. When I see that site in context and see what is going up there I could cry, and not tears of joy. Oh well.

Agreed. I still don't care for how this is shaping up in the context of the waterfront.

The more I see this building, the more I am compelled to the idea that something like Behnisch Architekten's Norddeutsche Bank Building in Hannover would be so much more fitting for this location.

friedrichswall_norddeutsche_landesbank.jpg

Norddeutsche_Landesbank_Hannover.jpg

aab.jpg

5447.jpg

It's got Jack's lovely, urbanistic front, wrapping a more interesting and structurally dynamic tower. Everybody's happy, everybody wins.

Back