Toronto Concord Sky | 299m | 85s | Concord Adex | Kohn Pedersen Fox

Overall pretty nice, though I think they will have to cut some height sadly.

Can we have another colour for the facade instead of the same blue green glass? Beef up the podium with some concrete materials instead of all glass to distinguish it from the tower.

I agree about the color but for glass there isn't many other options.(maybe silver?)

I disagree with the podium though, sleek and integrated is better seeing how this is across from Aura's blocky sharp huge podium. It will balance out better.

I'm liking it! Though I have no doubt the city will knock it down by about 20 floors or so and insist on a podium redesign. We'll see!

Last edited:
first thing that came to my mind was China Zun tower. now I know why because its designed by KPF as well.

If you all thought The One was a fight, just wait until all the NIMBYs, members of city council, and Ryerson come out. This will be an all out war, the likes no one here has ever seen before.

Honestly I can't imagine this being being torn to shreds like the way the 8 Elm Street consultation was. On the other hand, dare I say there is the OMB...

I suspect that 344m is just their starting bid in order to negotiate something lower and closer to what they want.

I was thinking something rather opposite. Yes it is still very early in the process, but I don't know if the City would specifically like the podium level, and its relationship to the street. Perhaps future Section 37 benefits to improve that would allow an extra 2 storeys...

Back