Toronto Concord Sky | 299m | 85s | Concord Adex | Kohn Pedersen Fox

Friday, just a quick pic
53898652710_ab94a4a730_o.jpg

At this point I would live to see them get the podium built and be told to tear it down
That will never happen, everything that they are building is being inspected by site engineers. Most projects that i work on the permits are issued in a timely manner but there have been times that the permits were held up for no reason whatsoever as they eventually issued them without us having to submit any changes. In construction time is money and the longer a project sits idle the interest payments keep pilling up.

That will never happen, everything that they are building is being inspected by site engineers. Most projects that i work on the permits are issued in a timely manner but there have been times that the permits were held up for no reason whatsoever as they eventually issued them without us having to submit any changes. In construction time is money and the longer a project sits idle the interest payments keep pilling up.

I don't remember the tear down order ever being issued to a major project, but I do remember it being issued to a couple of homeowners or small businesses in years past, though I think its been some time.

You've been around the industry for a day or two, LOL........ to your memory what's the largest project that was ever subject to such an order?

* in one case, I recall, where a floor was added, the City didn't order demolition but denied occupancy.

That could actually be a mechanism that could be used is denying occupancy or possibly it leading to permit issues in the future for Concord but if this were the last Concord building built in Toronto I don't think anybody would cry 😂

I don't remember the tear down order ever being issued to a major project, but I do remember it being issued to a couple of homeowners or small businesses in years past, though I think its been some time.

You've been around the industry for a day or two, LOL........ to your memory what's the largest project that was ever subject to such an order?

* in one case, I recall, where a floor was added, the City didn't order demolition but denied occupancy.
The biggest one that i recall was a house that had a major addition done on Major St in the Annex area without applying for a building permit. It took years for the demolition to happen as the homeowners tried to go through the legal channels after being caught by the city but were denied. I have seen contractors having to remove roofs due to exceeding permitted heights.

Back