Toronto CN Tower: Entry Pavilion, Plaza, Renos | ?m | ?s | CLC | Arcadis

I was there a few nights ago and am really glad they chose to light the elevator shaft as opposed to the entire thing. Gives it a more streamline look.

Seriously, you can see the tower lit all the way from Scarborough? Wow I had no idea!

Seriously, you can see the tower lit all the way from Scarborough? Wow I had no idea!

Pretty much all the way up till Steeles and Warden you can see it. I remember watching the testing from here aswell. Prior to the illumination, it used be visable by just the aircraft warning lights but now it is so vivid. it's great.

well apparently you can see it all the way from rochester on a clear night.

Yes I read that here somewhere. I live on a high floor facing the lake downtown and I can see St. Catherines/Niagara Falls on a clear day or night, but I've never seen any sign of Rochester which is about 80 miles east of Niagara Falls. That's a further distance than say, Toronto to the south shore of Lake Simcoe.

Yes I read that here somewhere. I live on a high floor facing the lake downtown and I can see St. Catherines/Niagara Falls on a clear day or night, but I've never seen any sign of Rochester which is about 80 miles east of Niagara Falls. That's a further distance than say, Toronto to the south shore of Lake Simcoe.
and half of that is over land, not water. I've always been skeptical of those "you can see Rochester" claims. Rochester is as far east as the Trenton/Quinte area and around a bend in the shore.

You're spoilt for entertainment options in Scarborough, aren't you Juma?

Pretty much, that's why I go downtown for any form of entertainment :D

But I'm still not in a bad geographical position per se, 15 minutes from downtown and 10 from farming communities. I love driving up northward of Toronto.

P1090578.jpg

P1090580.jpg

P1090592.jpg

P1090595.jpg

P1090596.jpg

P1090604.jpg

P1090608.jpg

I did over use "like"...:cool:

No - the LED's cannot produce a "black" colour or UV colour.
The LED fixtures in question are ColorBlasts. They each of sets of three Red, Green, and Blue LED's. Via these three colours they can produce almost any colour in the rainbow. When all three are at the same intensity they produce a white-ish colour. That is why the colour 'white' uses more power than any other combination since all three diodes have to be at full intensity.

And 'gelling' the LED's would be an insane waste of time, not to mention costly.

Back