Toronto CN Tower: Entry Pavilion, Plaza, Renos | ?m | ?s | CLC | Arcadis

That's amazing, I can see St. Catherines/Niagara Falls on a clear day or clear night from my place but Rochester is about 80 miles east!

On a related matter, the tower lights are coming on earlier now, I noticed them on a little after 9pm tonight which was roughly mid-sunset.

Good. I emailed the CN Tower and mentioned that they should turn the lights on around twilight. My text must have intimidated them.

Last time I checked, it only displayed red and white colour.

So, whatever we saw during the light show...we won't see it again? Why not have different variations every night instead?

I think it needs a searchlight shooting up the sky (similar to the Las Vegas Luxor hotel). Another alternative would be the Rogers Centre.

The default colours are red and white. For special events, holidays or local celebrations they'll change the colour theme appropriately. At the top of each hour a 2 minute show is displayed.

Last time I checked, it only displayed red and white colour.

So, whatever we saw during the light show...we won't see it again? Why not have different variations every night instead?

I think it needs a searchlight shooting up the sky (similar to the Las Vegas Luxor hotel). Another alternative would be the Rogers Centre.

Red and white are the standard colours. I'd rather see Blue and white myself. And no, not in homage to the useless Leafs.

It was a lot more interesting when they shifted the colours through the various sequences during the couple weeks of testing. It's rather quite boring now with the static theme.

It was a lot more interesting when they shifted the colours through the various sequences during the couple weeks of testing. It's rather quite boring now with the static theme.

I've been thinking that too but I hate to bitch about the red & white every night, it's such an improvement over what it looked like before the LED installation.

was watching the Discovery Times network on TV. They had a 10 ten buildings countdown, CN tower, shocklingly since its a US network, was 6th on the list, right after the Golden Gate Bridge. was pretty cool.

was watching the Discovery Times network on TV. They had a 10 ten buildings countdown, CN tower, shocklingly since its a US network, was 6th on the list, right after the Golden Gate Bridge. was pretty cool.

Golden Gate Bridge is a building? :eek:

I think it would be cool to see the tower lit black, not as a standard or anything, but just a black LED lit tower.

Back