Toronto CIBC SQUARE | 241.39m | 50s | Hines | WilkinsonEyre

• Thread starter Suicidal Gingerbread Man
  • Start date
This will stand out in Toronto for so many reasons and hopefully, developers and architects of such projects as 160 Front, CC3, The Hub, Union Centre etc may pause and give their designs a bit of a re-think. Downtown can be a forest of Bay Adelaide Centre's and 16 York's - or we can show a splash of some creativity in design of signature architecture. I hope CIBC Square proves to be a game-changer. We'll see.

A few Saturday afternoon pics, plus a Sunday mockup (luscious podium glass too).

CIBC1.jpg

CIBC2.jpg

CIBC3.jpg

CIBC4.jpg

CIBC5.jpg

I was listing a condo in Liberty Village late last week and the balcony faced the east giving a spectacular view of downtown Toronto. CIBC Square is going to make quite the impression once complete I can tell you that. You can already see the tower on the skyline, and add in another 200ft in height it will look awesome.

This will stand out in Toronto for so many reasons and hopefully, developers and architects of such projects as 160 Front, CC3, The Hub, Union Centre etc may pause and give their designs a bit of a re-think. Downtown can be a forest of Bay Adelaide Centre's and 16 York's - or we can show a splash of some creativity in design of signature architecture. I hope CIBC Square proves to be a game-changer. We'll see.

Don't touch the Hub, Union Centre or 160 Front - they look very, very fine.

AoD

^this project is spoiling us, people are now thinking that ice, 10 york and harbor are garbage. ;)

As much as I ADORE this project - still not happy with the flat/square finish. It's like the architects went home early. I STILL think a little creativity, panache and design elements could have been added - a finishing atop these two towers to denote and mark its prominence. Given the beauty and brilliance of these towers, a statement top would have been nice.

Back