Toronto Charlie Condos | 122.83m | 36s | Great Gulf | Diamond Schmitt

Does anyone know which floor covers the Hudson building (far side)? I know the Hudson building is 21 floors but they have a huge mechanical area on top.

Taken Nov 30, 2011 by me...

Looks to be at about floor 28 working on 29. Means only 6 or seven stories and this one's topped out. Two more floors and I'll need to stitch together a couple of pictures vertically to get the whole thing in the frame. Unfortunately this is as wide as I can go and as far back as I could get. I'll get a daylight shot from this vantage soon for y'all as well.

6440041775_d1a8e9e63b_b.jpg

Streetcars turning onto King from Charlotte generate a lot of noise. With windows closed, it becomes nothing more than urban ambiance. The noise will be probably be reduced with the new streetcar designs, but there are also loads of drunk clubbers between 12-3am and probably the worst downtown traffic on Thursday and Saturday nights. And constant construction in the near future: across the street (King-Charlotte by Brad J. Lamb), a condo on the LCBO site, and another condo on the commercial building next to that. And now the Shoppers building too, apparently.

Tons of great indie coffee shops to keep you going after sleepless nights, though!

Last edited:
I've spent a few nights over at the Hudson at King/Spadina and it definitely is quite loud - to the point of being annoying. I suppose in the long term you'd get accustomed to it but I certainly didn't like it.

The higher in the building, though, the quieter it gets of course, but yeah, in the first several floors close to the tracks, it's tough to miss a streetcar turning.

Streetcars turning onto King from Charlotte generate a lot of noise. With windows closed, it becomes nothing more than urban ambiance. The noise will be probably be reduced with the new streetcar designs, but there are also loads of drunk clubbers between 12-3am and probably the worst downtown traffic on Thursday and Saturday nights. And constant construction in the near future: across the street (King-Charlotte by Brad J. Lamb), a condo on the LCBO site, and another condo on the commercial building next to that. And now the Shoppers building too, apparently.

Tons of great indie coffee shops to keep you going after sleepless nights, though!

What's happening with the Shoppers drug Mart?

Back