Toronto Casa | 147.52m | 46s | Cresford | a—A

Of course it's not complete, but does anyone have a negative comment about this project so far aside from the two trees out front? I can't recall reading a single critical post in the past several months and there's nothing negative to my eyes.

This is perhaps nitpicking, but while the periwinkle colour in the lobby looks good so far, I'm guessing the rest of the lobby wall visible from the streets will look like art made by a contractor (there is a reason they aren't working as artists). Bad.

Based on the renderings and what I've seen in person, it looks like they are simply throwing up plywood for "texture" and then will be painting it a copper colour.

I'm not expecting to see a huge Pollock on the lobby wall or anything, but for such a showcase with the glass wall, it seems like a real lost opportunity.

Cresford couldn't be creative and hold a $25k commission as a graduating award for an OCAD student or something at least? It's a win for the residents (contemporary Canadian art by an emerging artist), win for artist (big award, showcase for their work, helps launch career), and for Cresford (look good in the community).

Are you sure what you're seeing isn't just the "bracket supports" for the actual artwork? I find it hard to believe that contractors are being trusted in this way with such a huge part of the lobby. I'm sure the actual wood feature is sitting in pieces waiting to be installed. (At least I hope so).

Are you sure what you're seeing isn't just the "bracket supports" for the actual artwork? I find it hard to believe that contractors are being trusted in this way with such a huge part of the lobby. I'm sure the actual wood feature is sitting in pieces waiting to be installed. (At least I hope so).

I walked by around 6 and saw those randomly placed pieces of what look like plywood. I'm confident with casaguy's assessment above, these are some sort of mounting supports for what is yet to come. No one will convince me that Cresford will screw up the lobby after such success with everything so far. We'll see the lobby details begin take shape over the next 2-3 weeks and I've every confidence that it will be stunning.

For those who have done their PDI's, were you taken up via the building elevators or the construction elevators? I'm curious about the speed given nearly 500 units and only 4 elevators.

I think the most criticism it got was the post about how people swimming in the pool might have to worry about stuff dropping on them from the balconies above! Universal acclaim is pretty rare around here, but in this case it is justified.
Yes, that was me worried about things dropping down. Let's just say I still worry about that but it is not a complaint. That is just me being a coward I suppose. I guess the only negative (for me anyways) is the locker availability in question. Other than that, as a first time condo buyer, we're:D pretty excited.

Today I saw what looked like boxes of different sizes that looked like the were drawn onto the wood pieces in the lobby with a pencil. Basically looked like place marking for things to go on top.

To have such big wood panels, they would use sheets of plywood for supports, then mdf nicely finished (no rough surfaces, edges, joints, etc) and then apply a paint or stain grade veneer. So don't worry about seeing rough plywood with cut outs.

Casa's east lobby. The upper area has a rough coat painted but I couldn't get a shot of the west part of the lobby as it was too dark inside.

Click on the thumbnail to enlarge, then click again on the image for full size.

4120131897_5a2800d92c_b.jpg

INCREDIBLY EPIC work my friend :D:)

EXCELLENT SHOT! (you have a view that I envy :mad:)... lol

CAN'T WAIT till uptown fills in the gap!!!!

U condos should look SICK in this shot!!!!

GOOD STUFF :)

This is one project where the tower is turning out EXACTLY as the render depicts it... if not better.

Yeah.. I think the design/render was pretty straight forward and simple... There was no compromise :)

I just think Casa looks more crystal, reflective, sharp, and less blue...
:)

***^^^^ holy crap!!!... what a density/view changer!!!!!!!!!!!!!.. these two buildings have done ALOT!... and Crystal/Uptown will too!

One thing that me and a friend noticed yesterday is that in the rendering, the podium was smaller than the church, but in reality the podium is much higher than the church. I think the podium as it stands is much nicer than the rendering. Do you think there was a reason for this, or it just happened that way?

This is one project where the tower is turning out EXACTLY as the render depicts it... if not better.

Save for the all steel construction... :)

Back