Toronto Bloor Street Neighbourhood Condos | ?m | 32s | Cresford | Northgrave

those cell phone towers atop BSN just made it from BAD to WORST

/\ No cell phone towers on BSN. They are atop a building which is adjacent to where DT Geek lives.

Correct, sorry for the confusion. It looks like the same crane that was used on Jarvis, then Wellesley yesterday to haul those damn things up.

my apologies ... I mis-read androiduk's photo thinking the remaining crane 'stub' was a cell tower :eek:

bsnj1.jpg

Scaled Model

Here's the updated BSN scale model @ 32 storeys ... the beige horizontal banding in the tower would have looked much better had it been cladding, instead of the beige coloured spandrel crap that is used on the building now

IMG_3936.jpg

IMG_3937.jpg

I just have to tell everyone who's been bashing the style of this building. And I agree I'm personally not a fan. However, I was on Bay St a few nights ago when the sun was going down. And I have to say that glassed up at dusk this building actually takes on a whole different look and looks much much better than it does in other lights or before it was glassed. I wish I could take a pic but it actually looked pretty damn good.

personally, I am just pleased to see it looks like this building is actually happening now.

i have a facebook group for BSN purchasers...feel free to join so we can share more information about the project as we gear up to (hopefully) moving in! it is called Bloor Street Neighbourhood (BSN) Condo Buyers

i am not convinced it is actually happening til I am physically living there!! there have been WAY too many delays with this one to get overly excited - though at this point, it does seem we will be living there soon.

Everything looks good at magic hour. Even CityPlace is impressive to look at... after dark.

I don't want to further induce your pessimistic point of view, but the other day when i walked by the building at night it really caught my eye.

And if we are looking at comparing the two buildings (BSN vs Casa) I will repeat myself and say this: I prefer having a more practical floor plan to my unit then having a box unit with a more modernistic 'today' look.

To each their own! :)

Poor BSN... it just can't help itself being across the street and compared to Casa. Anywhere else this might be more highly regarded, less a few of the poorly selected/designed materials. I'm still of the mind that once the balconies start to go up it will improve the look of the building.

Back