Toronto Bloor Street Neighbourhood Condos | ?m | 32s | Cresford | Northgrave

Looking down on BSN from Casa.

BSN.jpg

photo from Asek

I really don't understand why people are bashing BSN when Casa is the weird one. Casa has so much glass that it's more of an office tower wannabe than a residence! And not to mention, the "all season" outdoor pool will likely become a regular outdoor pool because it's going to cost residents a lot of $$$$$ in maintenance fees.

I really don't understand why people are bashing BSN when Casa is the weird one. Casa has so much glass that it's more of an office tower wannabe than a residence! And not to mention, the "all season" outdoor pool will likely become a regular outdoor pool because it's going to cost residents a lot of $$$$$ in maintenance fees.

Re: Casa comment, I don't think it's weird, I think it's beautiful. I don't recall any office towers with balconies on all four sides. This is a perfect street/neighbourhood for a great looking residential building. Wait until all that glass gets cleaned for the first time, it'll sparkle like a jewel.

Re: Casa comment, I don't think it's weird, I think it's beautiful. I don't recall any office towers with balconies on all four sides. This is a perfect street/neighbourhood for a great looking residential building. Wait until all that glass gets cleaned for the first time, it'll sparkle like a jewel.

Take the balconies away and what do you get? Generic office tower. v And what about the pool? Really, an all-season poll makes no sense here. The heating costs in the winter will drive up costs. However, residents in BSN don't have to worry about pool issues due to weather, nor will their fees go up dramatically because of energy usage. Once again, I don't really "get" the heated outdoor pool in Casa.

Take the balconies away and what do you get? Generic office tower.

Why would you visualize it without balconies? I don't, and it doesn't really look like an office tower to me.

And what about the pool? Really, an all-season poll makes no sense here. The heating costs in the winter will drive up costs.

I'm going to go out on a limb here and assume the Casa buyers know what they're getting into. I expect maintenance fees will be higher at Casa than what I am paying, since my condo building doesn't have a pool. (I'd love a pool, and a heated pool in winter would be wonderful.) When I bought, I was certainly aware of the amenities included and I know they're not free.

There are lots of people who seek condos without any amenities to keep costs down; they're probably not buying at Casa.

Why would you visualize it without balconies? I don't, and it doesn't really look like an office tower to me.

I'm going to go out on a limb here and assume the Casa buyers know what they're getting into. I expect maintenance fees will be higher at Casa than what I am paying, since my condo building doesn't have a pool. (I'd love a pool, and a heated pool in winter would be wonderful.) When I bought, I was certainly aware of the amenities included and I know they're not free.

There are lots of people who seek condos without any amenities to keep costs down; they're probably not buying at Casa.

Fine, you don't visualize Casa without balconies. But the first thing I thought when I saw Casa was the fact that it looked like an office building with balconies. Really weird, IMHO. As for the pool thing: BSN has a pool as well, but it's indoor. I would assume that the fees there are a lot more reasonable. I've heard people say that chances are, residents at Casa will eventually vote to close the pool in the winter because an all-year outdoor pool is just......weird.

You prefer this project over CASA because CASA has an all-year outdoor pool? LOL!

You prefer this project over CASA because CASA has an all-year outdoor pool? LOL!

It's not just that. I just don't find glass buildings attractive when it is a residence.

In any case, would you swim outdoors when it's snowing? The pool doesn't have a roof. There's a lot more maintenence at Casa than at BSN.

Swimming outside in a heated pool at night time while big fluffy snow flakes are falling sounds incredibly tantalizing. The only question would be - what would one drink, champagne or hot chocolate.

outdoor pool

It's not just that. I just don't find glass buildings attractive when it is a residence.

In any case, would you swim outdoors when it's snowing? The pool doesn't have a roof. There's a lot more maintenence at Casa than at BSN.

I would certainly prefer an outdoor pool and spa over an inside one. Especially from May through to November (7 months). Plus, CASA has a heated outdoor patio with a two-way fireplace that in some way, is used to heat the pool (as per the salesrep). In any case, I don't put down BSN as it has its own sort of charm. To each his own I suppose.

Swimming outside in a heated pool at night time while big fluffy snow flakes are falling sounds incredibly tantalizing. The only question would be - what would one drink, champagne or hot chocolate.

Have you been to the Bonaventure in Montreal? If you swim in the winter, your body is warm, but your head is cold when it isn't in the water. I imagine it's the same case at Casa.

The sheraton downtown has an indoor outdoor combo pool all year around and I have swam in the winter outside, and if you are in the water fine, but when you come out....well not so hot.

Back