News   Apr 17, 2024
 248     0 
News   Apr 17, 2024
 268     0 
News   Apr 17, 2024
 1.7K     1 

Toronto Bike Share

Anyone know how I can ask if the city could put a bike station somewhere near St. Claire and Avenue? I know it's not a super bike friendly area but they can definitely put a bike station on some side street in the area. St Claire and Avenue is a dead zone where the closest station is ~600m away.

I tried emailing Matlow but he's been absolutely useless with me since he never replies to emails...

That is a conspicuous gap.

Try this:

1653052397861.png

You can also try the Mayor's office

1653052435724.png

Anyone know how I can ask if the city could put a bike station somewhere near St. Claire and Avenue? I know it's not a super bike friendly area but they can definitely put a bike station on some side street in the area. St Claire and Avenue is a dead zone where the closest station is ~600m away.

I tried emailing Matlow but he's been absolutely useless with me since he never replies to emails...
I have emailed the customer service about dead zones in the past. I got a standard response saying they expand based on analysis. Doesn't look like there's a station intake form.
Worth a shot though.

I recall you agreeing to lobby Holyday on this ages ago........... LOL

Did you take a holiday on lobbying Holyday?

I don't think Holyday will care..........Bikeshare doesn't automatically take space from vehicles on roads (it should lead to that, but there isn't a direct connection) and the money will be spent whether Holyday likes it or not. There's no real anti-bikeshare constituency that I'm aware of.......

So do submit your preferred locations.
Ha! Yes I did suggest that, but I'm convinced that a regressive tool such as he would not be receptive to such a lobbying request. It's probably best to go directly to Bike Share and hope he doesn't notice!

I noticed a new station in the North/East corner of Coronation Park today. X marks the spot.

View attachment 402683
Map on the bike share site is already updated, though they have the station at Remembrance Dr and Lake Shore and not MGT and Remembrance(where your X is). Not that it makes a huge difference. Former seems better because MGT is high traffic and you have people turning left to go west.

Map on the bike share site is already updated, though they have the station at Remembrance Dr and Lake Shore and not MGT and Remembrance(where your X is). Not that it makes a huge difference. Former seems better because MGT is high traffic and you have people turning left to go west.

The map on the bike share site/app is wrong. I rode right past it today and I only travel on MGT in that area.

One new station at Cedarvale/Strathmore (just north/east of Woodbine/Danforth)

Have confirmed a new station is coming to Cedarvale/Lumsden this summer (just east of Woodbine/Mortimer)

I went for an evening bike ride. I was in the condo and the app said there were 3 bikes available. Well I get to street level sure enough there are 3 and one guy is taking one. By the time I get there a girl has a second one and I get the last. As I pull away I see 2 disappointed people. this is all in the span of 5 minutes or so.

I returned it late this night and sure enough there are no bikes except a dud e-bike that has been there for days. Then the Enterprise rent a truck pulls up and the crew start putting in new bikes :)

But as I watched from across the street I realize they only put 4 more bikes in to make 5 (including my return) and they didn't take away the dud e-bike. 😪

Back