News   Apr 19, 2024
 109     0 
News   Apr 19, 2024
 547     0 
News   Apr 18, 2024
 1.2K     1 

Toronto Bike Share

Does anyone have a map or report outlining all the new stations planned for the foreseeable future?

Not yet, hopeful we'll see that on the next Toronto Parking Authority Agenda (this year's rollout anyway).

Presser out, $1 Bikeshare rides for Earth Day sponsored by Longos:

1650528714262.png

According to the map, there are 626 stations in the system now. Not sure where the additions are.

I've been posting the new stations as they come online.

The data portal currently has 625 stations showing, the only one I haven't posted on is #625

Which is 111 Broadview. (the Green P lot north of Queen)

Click on Data, then Stations, scroll to bottom; click on a specific station number for details.

(giving away all my secrets he mutters)

I've been posting the new stations as they come online.

The data portal currently has 625 stations showing, the only one I haven't posted on is #625

Which is 111 Broadview. (the Green P lot north of Queen)

Click on Data, then Stations, scroll to bottom; click on a specific station number for details.

(giving away all my secrets he mutters)
Ah, I have been checking periodically on this website, which may not be the most accurate..

Bikeshare docks had an up/down period over the last 2 weeks and some disappeared (at one point down to 623 active stations)

We're now back up to 626, which I should note shows a the last station as 625........but.......they have a station 0 (zero)....

The newest stations are infill in the east end.

24 Mountjoy is just off Greenwood, just south of Danforth

Carlaw and Colegate is other new dock this week. (just north of Queen)

Pg15 of the report is interesting.
  • Expand network to all 25 wards in 2024
  • Expand ebike network to 2000 in 2025
You mean...there's a slight chance central Etobicoke will get at least 1 station by 2024?? Maybe I should start harassing them with regards to ideal locations...

Watch Holyday torpedo this.

You mean...there's a slight chance central Etobicoke will get at least 1 station by 2024?? Maybe I should start harassing them with regards to ideal locations...

I recall you agreeing to lobby Holyday on this ages ago........... LOL

Did you take a holiday on lobbying Holyday?

I don't think Holyday will care..........Bikeshare doesn't automatically take space from vehicles on roads (it should lead to that, but there isn't a direct connection) and the money will be spent whether Holyday likes it or not. There's no real anti-bikeshare constituency that I'm aware of.......

So do submit your preferred locations.

Last edited:

Royal York Road is a fairly strong candidate for several stations from Dixon Road south. Scarlet Road too at Eglinton and Lawrence for Humber trail users..

Royal York Road is a fairly strong candidate for several stations from Dixon Road south. Scarlet Road too at Eglinton and Lawrence for Humber trail users..

The entire Eglinton West Corridor w/Bike trail makes enormous sense too. Lots of room, riders, near zero conflicts.

Last edited:
Anyone know how I can ask if the city could put a bike station somewhere near St. Claire and Avenue? I know it's not a super bike friendly area but they can definitely put a bike station on some side street in the area. St Claire and Avenue is a dead zone where the closest station is ~600m away.

I tried emailing Matlow but he's been absolutely useless with me since he never replies to emails...

Back