News   Apr 30, 2024
 195     0 
News   Apr 30, 2024
 484     3 
News   Apr 30, 2024
 779     0 

Toronto Bike Share

I saw some people biking with bikeshares around lunchtime from my balcony. Maybe the entire system wasn't affected?
Anybody could share insight on this if they know?

I got a bike to go to work at about 9:15 Friday morning from the dock next to Woodbine Station. I assume it was using the TTC's WiFi.

The dock I usually use wasn't functional, nor was the one at Sunnybrook for my commute home.

I tried both the app (ha!) and my fob (I've been a user for many years).

Last edited:
I got a bike to go to work at about 9:15 Friday morning from the dock next to Woodbine Station. I assume it was using the TTC's WiFi.

The dock I usually use wasn't functional, nor was the one at Sunnybrook for my commute home.

I tried both the app (ha!) and my dongle
Dongle? Is that the card?

only some stations, which is basically the problem. they need to upgrade every station to be a charger station before the ebikes are really usable

An upgrade that in many cases requires an electrical grid connection vs the current small solar panel which powers the station.

only some stations, which is basically the problem. they need to upgrade every station to be a charger station before the ebikes are really usable
Ebikes have large enough batteries they don't need every station to be so, just some of them so that they get connected occasionally.

Converting the busiest stations to charger stations would go a long way on cutting down staff from having to chase dead bikes to charge them.

That wouldn't be a problem in an ideal world. But the stereotype is that the ebikes get abused my the foodshare riders. I've yet to see a functional ebike at a dock.
I've used them a few times so they are out there - they just get snapped up quickly as understandably if you walk up to a bike share station you will grab the Ebike if it's there. As Bike-share increases their numbers they should become a bit easier to find, I already see more of them on the network map this summer than last summer.

I've used them a few times so they are out there - they just get snapped up quickly as understandably if you walk up to a bike share station you will grab the Ebike if it's there. As Bike-share increases their numbers they should become a bit easier to find, I already see more of them on the network map this summer than last summer.

Just as an example of that. At half past noon today there’s this many stations with at least one e-bike (Every station pin that’s black).

689467D9-984F-40A6-B159-F5AC4BC2ADFA.png

Last edited:

Back