IMG_6982.JPG

Attachments

• IMG_6982.JPG
    IMG_6982.JPG
    263.3 KB · Views: 186

wmedia

Member Bio
Reaction score
Since the beginning of May I have regularly passed disappointed tourists looking at the non-functioning fountain. It's a shame they can't get it working in time for the start of tourist season.

Kraylin

Member Bio
Reaction score
What is it that is so difficult for this city to keep fountains operating? This one is brand new even so surely it should be designed well.

Skeezix

Member Bio
Reaction score
What is it that is so difficult for this city to keep fountains operating? This one is brand new even so surely it should be designed well.

While the City *does* have an issue keeping fountains working, the issue here isn't that it isn't working or isn't designed well. The City is always slow to turn on its fountains in the spring because, IIRC, they have one guy (or one team of guys), who go around and test and then turn on each fountain. Apparently, it takes them awhile to do this, and to get through the list. This was reported either in a thread here, or in the Fixer column in the Toronto Star ... I can't remember. It's a cockamamie system, with the least amount of flexibility possible, but it is what it is.

Anyway, that's my recollection. If I have it wrong, someone here will know the more accurate facts.