Toronto Berczy Park Revitalization | ?m | ?s

I like it! Looks much better in person.

EFBFB73D-B188-4164-8F26-BA62E91E4263.jpeg

Attachments

• EFBFB73D-B188-4164-8F26-BA62E91E4263.jpeg
    EFBFB73D-B188-4164-8F26-BA62E91E4263.jpeg
    374.3 KB · Views: 436
Last edited:
Reminds me of the giant hand from "Cabin in the Woods".

latest

Also, wasn't there supposed to be some "Jacob's Ladder" sculpture?

Looks more like someone underground stretching or posing.

I also wonder how long it'll be until someone hangs up something between the two hands.

According to this:
Designed by Toronto artist Luis Jacob, the artwork encompasses two giant bronze hands, with a rope lattice suspended between the fingers, forming a whimsical string game. It’s perfect for climbing, swinging, playing, or a backdrop for a casual badminton game or a great ‘selfie’ photo moment. The installation, including the intricate rope-work, will be completed by late November, with a public unveiling planned for Spring 2018.

I quite like the hands. Looks like they are emerging from a subterranean world. They are much more interesting in person.

According to this:
Designed by Toronto artist Luis Jacob, the artwork encompasses two giant bronze hands, with a rope lattice suspended between the fingers, forming a whimsical string game. It’s perfect for climbing, swinging, playing, or a backdrop for a casual badminton game or a great ‘selfie’ photo moment. The installation, including the intricate rope-work, will be completed by late November, with a public unveiling planned for Spring 2018.

This is another hilarious case of old people not getting social media and its users... Something doesn't just become a backdrop for a "great 'selfie' photo moment", just because it's there. Like, has anyone ever taken a selfie with the statues in the median of University Avenue?

Back